Surgeon says I am a success.......???

Waysta
on 1/7/13 1:37 am - TX

At my 2 year appointment after WLS.....I have lost  110 lbs.  I wanted to lose 130, but have maintained 110 for over a year now.  I had lost 120, but gained back 10.  I saw my surgeon in December and he called me a success story.  Why is it that I feel fatter now than when I weighed 320????  I am determined to lose those last 30 lbs !!!!!!!!!  I haven't been writing regularly on OH, but I have been checking in daily.  I guess I am a stalker !    Today I am back at work after the holidays and vow to record my intake and do better to lose this weight.  Take care OH family.....together we can do this !!!!!!!! 

Slow and steady !!!!  Have a Blessed Day !!!!!!                             
Laura in Texas
on 1/7/13 1:59 am

Well according to the numbers you gave, you have lost about 80% of your excess weight, so yes, you are a success. Be proud!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

navywife671
on 1/7/13 2:02 am - VA
RNY on 12/05/12

OH I found myself smiling at this, because I was immediately thinking Oh I so hope I am this woman :) But one of the things I have found is we ALL have to be positive.  I mean be honest 110 lbs less is definatly something to cheer about and be PROUD of...you may still be 30 lbs up, but its better than 130 lbs right?

I am so glad to have vets like you here to help those of us no where near 110 lbs down yet to help up.  Maybe knowing you are needed and appreciated here will remind you to lift your head and those last few lbs will come off.

Hang in there, and although I can't offer wonderful words of wisdom (being 5 weeks out) I can tell you that I ADMIRE you and YOU are an INSPIRATION.

Stephanie

Jilly Bean
on 1/7/13 4:07 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

You are a success. Look at old pics and you'll see that you look amazing! 

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Most Active
Recent Topics