OT-Hubby gave me rocks for Christmas! :)

CindyKae64
on 1/7/13 2:50 am
RNY on 05/22/12

Let me start by saying my hubby does not shop and I mean NEVER, he hates it. So I was shocked this year when a present for me from "Santa" showed up at the house (normally is would show up at our daughter's since my hubby usually has her shop and him pay, lol). Anyway, it was quite funny when I opened my present on Christmas Eve, my hubby is quite funny and has a great since of humor, well a couple of weeks before Christmas it was really windy our area (wind gusts between 50-70 mph) and I commented "Wow how do small people stay upright in the wind?" I am no where near as small as some people and I was struggling with the wind. So when I opened my gift this is what he had put in it, he wrapped it in a square Kleenex box, on top was a few scratch lottery tickets, then two rocks and when I pulled them out of the box he said "one is for your right pocked and one is for your left pocket, so on windy days you don't get blown away!" We all laughed so hard and I took it for the compliment it was meant to be and I will cherish those rocks forever...But WAIT! Under the rocks was a beautiful heart shaped Diamond Necklace (remember I said hubby does not shop, well he did and our kids didn't even know what he bought until I opened it!) I was stunned and have worn it since I opened my gift. I think hubby is enjoying my new transformation as much as I am, he always tells me I am always moving now and seem to never stop, which I don't I can't sit still anymore and I Love it!!

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

Day_dream_believer
on 1/7/13 2:52 am

What a sweetie!

april89love
on 1/7/13 2:52 am - NC

That is so awesome!!! What a special gift!!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

karenp8
on 1/7/13 2:52 am - Brighton, IL

That sounds like such a special Christmas! Thanks for sharing.

Lori F.
on 1/7/13 2:57 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

Awww - SOOO sweet!!!

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

Wrapdiva
on 1/7/13 3:05 am - Auburn Hills, MI
RNY on 11/05/12
Beautiful story! What a sweet man you have!

"In order to ACHIEVE something different, you need to DO something different"

Amy D.
on 1/7/13 3:08 am - VA
RNY on 03/13/12

How cute!! You've got you a keeper there for sure. Esp since he was smart enough to put a sparkly rock in the box too, lol!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/7/13 3:11 am

How neat! congratulations

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Dee.spunk
on 1/7/13 3:22 am - Sacramento, CA
AWw... cute story That was super sweet of him.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

DebsGiz
on 1/7/13 8:42 am - FL

He most definitely sound like a "keeper." 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 286 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?