Insurance approved surgery!

lumina99
on 1/16/13 12:56 pm - ME
Finally got the call today that Cigna approved my surgery. I feel so relieved. I also am very excited!! I was told I will have to see the trainer twice, and then appointment with my surgeon who will then give me my surgery date! Does anyone know how long the the wait will be from that last visit till my surgery? How long do you usually have to wait? I know every Doctor will be different, but what's the average time after being told your date? I'm very anxious as you can see
JJ_
on 1/16/13 1:07 pm

Congrats on getting approved.  The best person to ask that question to would be the surgeon`s office.  Call them tomorrow and ask. 

Judy

Jules0225
on 1/16/13 1:55 pm
Obviously every office is different. My journey was a bit of a roller coaster. My insurance required 6 months of monitored weight loss including a weigh in every month, meeting with a NUT as well as a psych eval. When the coordinator called me after the info seminar all of my appointments were set up including my consult with the surgeon in month 5. I was told that usually surgery is scheduled about 6 weeks after that consult to allow time for any tests and my final weigh in. 2 days before my consult I found out the surgeon no longer accepted my insurance. After a bunch of BS trying to get out of network authorizations and being denied I ended up having to switch hospitals/surgeon. I went to their seminar Oct 17th 2012 and 2 days later I had my consult appointment Oct 30th 2012 and a tentitive surgery date of November 19th 2012. At that point it was just a matter of getting ins approval and making sure all my pre op testing came back ok. Everything worked out perfectly and I had my surgery on Nov 19th.

so like the previous poster said. Best bet is to just call the office and ask. Congrats on your approval! See you on the losers bench soon!

Height: 5'8", HW: 6/4/12 440lbs, SW: 11/19/12 389lbs, CW: 219lbs 01/01/2014

Selenan101
on 1/16/13 2:26 pm
RNY on 06/06/12

Congrats on your approval!!

Selenan 

Kallen27
on 1/16/13 8:30 pm

Congratulations!!!

lumina99
on 1/17/13 11:10 am - ME

Thanks Ladies! I got a call today & they told me I have an appt with the surgeon on Feb 7th and he will give me my surgery date!! I`m getting so excited !

Most Active
Recent Topics