Incredibly tired :(

lumina99
on 1/28/13 10:19 pm - ME
I'm waiting on my surgery date. I find out in one week. Most days I feel so tired, even after having a great night sleep. Sometimes its just a couple hours after I wake up!
My question is, will I get some energy back after surgery? I've heard people get lots of energy. Because I certainly need it!! How is your energy after surgery?
poet_kelly
on 1/28/13 10:21 pm - OH

My energy is pretty good now, but it's common for people to be pretty tired the first few weeks or even months.

Do you know why you're so tired now?  Are you maybe iron deficient or low in B12?  Thyroid problems?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

robyn_fresh
on 1/28/13 10:32 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

I was always tired before surgery. I found it hard to stay awake driving most of the time. I relied heavy on coffee. I am now almost 6 weeks post op. I am still incredibly tired. My body is worn out in general most days. I don't even attempt to drive anywhere out of town because I won't be able to stay awake and can't have the coffee. I'm still hoping the exhaustion gets better. I thought my vitamins were off, but it turns out they're not. I do have trouble sleeping at night since surgery. That may contribute.

NaturallyMeka
on 1/28/13 11:03 pm - Atlanta, GA
RNY on 12/26/12

Hi :) When I felt the way you are describing pre op(about a year or so pre op) I was having thyroid problems. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I was wake up from a full night of sleep and Feel like I was hooked up to some sort of draining machine. I was more tired waking up than I was when I went to sleep. My doctor put me on synthroid. It helped tons. I'm a few days from being 5 weeks post op. Most times I have tons of energy. I haven't really experienced the drained energy feeling after surgery outside of maybe a day or so, so far.

Jenni_9yrspostop
on 1/29/13 12:26 am

I was tired pre op but I was carrying around over 100 extra pounds. Of course I would be tired - it was a work out just walking anywhere. Once I had surgery the energy returned and it was amazing. I was eating better, carrying around less weight (I now can't lift what I once carried around every day.) Most post ops get their energy back really fast - some as  soon as surgery is over and they're back home. Mental attitude is huge - if you tell yourself you feel great and have a  bright future, you'll feel better and have that bounce in your step. I am 11 yrs post op and still love my life every day as a post op. I still have a ton of energy, still love that I can do so much more than I could before and I still have wow moments. That gives me energy right there. I know some with depression have a tough time getting "up" and having more energy but if you're losing and feeling better everything looks great.

Jen 11 yrs post op RNY

lumina99
on 1/29/13 4:52 am - ME

Thanks everyone! I do have Hypothyroidism, and I think it`s time to get my Thyroid checked again. Thank you!!

ltingley
on 2/2/13 12:39 am - MI
I was exhausted at weeks 2&3 after surgery. It comes back full force over time, and I got a little more each day. I never had much to begin with, so now that I have a lot, I feel great! I'm at month 5 now, and have more than ever before.
Most Active
Recent Topics