Back from the hospital

MBallard
on 2/8/13 10:50 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
RNY on 02/07/13
Hello all- I just made it back home. My surgery was 2/7 and I was discharged this morning. Things are going pretty well for me, the hospital staff was very sweet. Now I'm dealing with the WORST gas pains. My kidney stones didn't even hurt this bad. I am walking alot and sipping alot and even popping gasx strips. Is there anything else I can do?

Surgery date - February 7, 2013

angeleigh
on 2/8/13 11:12 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

warm drinks, SF hot cocoa, decaf tea, warm soup broth., those are the things that helped me and the gas x.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

HopefulBee
on 2/8/13 11:16 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada
RNY on 01/18/13

Try a heating pad on your stomach, if you don't have one throw a towel in the dryer & once it's warm put it on your stomach, & gently rub your tummy. Sometimes the heat gets things moving.

Referral from family doctor: April 2011

Surgery date: JAN 18, 2013 @ St Joe's Hamilton with Dr. Anvari

Kim7777
on 2/9/13 12:01 am - NC
RNY on 02/04/13

I am 6 days post op and the gas pains were the worst part of surgery!  The only thing that helped was retake the prescribed pain meds and change positions frequently.  It went away in about 4 days for me.  I stopped taking the pain meds on post op day 4.  The biggest problem now is making myself drink the protein:-/. Hope you feel better soon.

Melinda S.
on 2/9/13 12:41 am - TX
RNY on 02/05/13
I.just had mine Tuesday. My surgeon advisednot putting a heating pad on my tummy but all are different. I did use it on my back and noticed it all start move. And please go walk. Even if its twice a day to the corner it really helps.
Sherrie P.
on 2/9/13 12:52 am
RNY on 02/06/13
Hey! I am 3 days out - the gas sucks, I've never been so happy to poot in all my life hang I'm there. I had hubby rub my back -it helped some.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Neaucora
on 2/9/13 5:32 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

I know this is going to sound funky, but ..... I would lay on my bed, and using a pillow for support lay on one side or the other for a while and then switch. Its hard to do, but I could feel the gas being pushed around by having the pressure on my sides. I passed alot in bed doing this. And I even got to the point where I was almost on my stomach (with pillows under me to help support and hold me. This pushed lots of gas out. I felt so very very much  better. Becareful and do not hurt yourself, but this really helped me alot!!! I think I did this three or four times a day for a couple days, and then it was all gone!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 282 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 282 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views