5 days post op discouraged

lena_29
on 3/8/13 7:24 am
Hello, I still have a pain on the left that protrudes and spasms. I consider myself a tough one so this is wearing me down. My pain is still tough and doc said its normal. When will I feel normal again, how do you overcome the left side protruding pain? When will I be myself? I gained 7 lbs of fluid post op and am down 2 lbs from Monday weight. They just said full liquids and 60 to 80 grams of protein. I really feel like between the pills and the pain I should have rethought this...any advice would be helpful.
Missirenee
on 3/8/13 7:45 am - Orient, OH
RNY on 01/28/13

I had the same problem. It took about 10 days to feel significantly better, although each day it got a little better. Continue to take your pain medication as needed, and use a splint (I used a pillow) for getting up and down. Focus on your fluids at this point. Keep walking and sipping. I am almost 6 weeks out, and I can promise, things will get better. The first two weeks are the most difficult.

~Missy~

I would rather live my life believing there is a God, and die to find out there's not, than to live my life as if there were no God, and die to find out there is ~ source unknown ~ 

lena_29
on 3/8/13 9:00 am
Thank you that gives me a guideline of when I should be normal. I thought it would be much sooner.
chickenoregg
on 3/8/13 6:11 pm - Portland, OR
RNY on 02/26/13
I felt kind of crazy and weird for about 5 days. Can't put my finger on it. I'm still healing at 11 days, but feel more normal.

Surgery (RNY) scheduled for Feb 26, 2013

Sherrie P.
on 3/9/13 11:32 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I wanted to feel better in 3 days - but it really took me about 10 to be out of significant pain.

Try to ignore the scale and just believe it will work.  

I could not get in my protein and still struggle. Doc says focus on hydration first.

It does get better.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 230 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 14 replies · 77 views