Size SHAMU-----Going, going, and gone!! NSV

BamaBelleAmy70
on 3/10/13 12:04 pm
RNY on 10/24/12

Hi Y'all!

I am 4 months post op and down 77 pounds and 93 pounds down from my heaviest. I am very pleased with how I have been doing even though I still struggle with my diet and probably don't eat enough!

I finally did it. I took EVERY piece of clothing that was TOO big for me OUT of my closet. OH MY WORD!! Why was I holding on to all that crap? Maternity clothes and HUGE sizes! So...all the size Shamu are gone. I took everything to our local charity clothes closet. I felt good to get rid of them all and to give them to people who need them. My hubby's truck and bed and the backseats of the cab were FULL! The funny thing about it was that I was very emotional and had a hard time giving them away. Now..I am committed and NO going back...just forward! I still can't believe how emotional I was like I was saying goodbye to my fat self. Don't get me wrong....I am thrilled. It is just very emotional! It's so strange! 

On another happy note...now I get to go shopping! And NOT for size Shamu! YAY!  

Amy  

The_girl_next_door
on 3/10/13 12:06 pm
How exciting!!! You must be thrilled!
Candy V.
on 3/10/13 12:27 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Size shamu,  lol you crack me up.  I have been getting rid of stuff little by little over the time since surgery.  Just took 14s out of my closet this weekend. I have 12s and a few 10s I can fit in now!  I still run into some XX stuff in a corner closet.  Fun way to have spring cleaning and a new wardrobe!

I have to tell myself to get it out of the house, not to save it "in case".  Especially with the 14s cause they are little compared to the 20s I started in.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Calla Lily
on 3/10/13 1:57 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

Yay! Cheers to shopping!

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

daphneb
on 3/10/13 3:50 pm - AK

Yay!  I love that feeling of the cleaning of the closet.  I am at a point now where everything left from before is getting too big for me.  I was so proud about a month ago to get in a suit jacket I hadn't worn in over 14 years.  Now, it's too big.  I am going lower than I've been since before I got married, that's exciting!

And, no more plus size shopping for me, YAY!  It's amazing how much nicer clothes are when there are no floral prints, horizontal lines or other hideous designs that never do a bigger body ANY good.

I am having a hard time keeping up on replenishing my clothes.  So I just keep buying them smaller instead, so I can fit into them soon!  Great feeling:)

rissa1224
on 3/10/13 10:54 pm - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Size shamu, HILARIOUS!!!! I laughed out loud to that. I felt the same way going through my elephant clothing. I am only 3mo post op but I am down 61lbs since surgery and 80 from my fattest a year ago. It was sad but AWESOME to see the clothing go away and never EVER come back into my life. Now my smaller pants, smaller than my elephant ones, are getting bigger. I will soon have to get rid of these cow pants too. Great feeling. I also love how I can donate them and not throw them away. Great job chicka!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views