2 years post op - need to get back on track

melissa22886
on 3/13/13 1:12 am

I will be two years post op April 12th, for 8 months I have not been on track but not that bad. Just been at a long stall in weight loss but I am comfortable right now where I am at but I would like to lose another 15lbs. I am 176lbs from 296. Mainly I need to get back on track with my vitamins (BADLY)!!!. Anyone have any recommendations for what vitamins I should get. PILL/Swallable form. Mentally I am in the right mind set to get back on track, now I just need to do it.

Dee.spunk
on 3/13/13 1:16 am - Sacramento, CA
I use the Costco brand of multi and calcium citrate, trader joes for my b-12, and vitamin shoppe for my b-1, d-3, iron and vit. C

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

poet_kelly
on 3/13/13 1:42 am - OH

Centrum or a generic equivalent for a multi, generic calcium citrate, Sundown Perfect Iron or Feosol carbonyl iron (not ferrous sulfate), and any brand of sublingual B12 will all be fine.  But if you've been off track with your vitamins for eight months, you should also get labs done (it would be about time for your two year labs anyway) to see what other vitamins or minerals you need.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

melissa22886
on 3/13/13 1:53 am
My labs will be checked on Monday for my 2 year follow up with my surgeon. I do get monthly b12 injections. It's my multivitamin calcium and iron I need to get back on. I am concerned about my iron specifically, because I have many symptoms of iron deficiency

Kim S.
on 3/13/13 2:12 am - Helena, AL

Daily I take:

6 calcium citrate (generic (Sam's Club) version of Citrical)

2 multis (Sam's club women's formula)

1 vitamin C (Sam's club)

1 B complex (Sam's club)

1 dry D3 5,000 iu (Bariatric Advantage from Amazon.com)

1 45mg carbonyl iron (Feosol-from Amazon.com)

and once weekly use Nascobal B-12 nose spray (Rx)

Labs are just peachy!

Most Active
Recent Topics