Challenging myself ...day #1

Bri W.
on 3/20/13 12:35 am - Quincy, IL
RNY on 12/03/12
So I have decided I need to get with the program and really get in to an exercise regimen. I hereby am pledging that for 6 out of the next 7 days I will do some sort of physical activity/exercise for 60 continueous minutes. I would like to gain accountability during my pledge so that I can hopefully incorporate exercise into my new lifestyle. Would anyone want to take the pledge with me? Thanks -Bri-

Lisa T.
on 3/20/13 1:06 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12

That's the spirit Bri!  I'll pledge with you.  I've been holding myself accountable by checking into the gym or walking path with Facebook status updates.  I'm sure some of my friends are annoyed but I need the accountability.  I firmly believe part of my success can be attributed to exercise so I'm a big fan of movement!  Walking, running, swimming....whatever works....just move! 

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

Bri W.
on 3/20/13 2:12 am - Quincy, IL
RNY on 12/03/12
Thanks Lisa! I'm really hoping this will be the start of a routine. I did this with myfitnesspal and now you can't keep me off of it! If only I could give some of that motivation to my husband! Lol
MyLady Heidi
on 3/20/13 2:43 am

Hell no.  If you start exercising for exercise sake and hate it and you are doing it when you lose weight and then stop, watch the pounds come back.  I am a realist, I walk, thats it for exercise, never raise my heart rate, never sweat, no desire to be muscular or in shape to that degree.  But I can maintain through diet alone because I am cognizant of limits and I don't try to fight my body tooth and nail in the way I eat or what I do or don't do for exercise.  Not trying to discourage you from exercising only trying to make you understand it needs to be something you like and can do forever otherwise it is gonna come back to bite you when you stop and if you hate it you will stop. 

anewbeginning2012
on 3/20/13 2:57 am, edited 3/20/13 3:00 am - IN
RNY on 10/01/12

Bri- I will take the pledge with you! I need to kick it in gear too. Keep me posted- I will friend request you..so we can keep eachother going. (I love to walk...and want to start jogging- the gym is not for me...just want to get moving more)

Kris

Kris        
Bri W.
on 3/20/13 4:36 am - Quincy, IL
RNY on 12/03/12
Thank you so much Kris I appreciate it!

AlohaJen
on 3/20/13 5:07 am
RNY on 09/05/12

Heidi, that was direct, but I agree.  I am struggling with this very thing right now.... I am 6 months post op and I hate to exercise ...... but I gotta find something that I can stick with.....  Bri, you go girl and maybe this is what you need , to find you an exercise buddy to hold you accountable.... find what works for YOU.... Good Luck !!

HW 304   SW 258  CW 199  GW  160?

Bri W.
on 3/20/13 11:45 am - Quincy, IL
RNY on 12/03/12
Day 1 completed.... did 69 consecutive minutes on my mini trampoline!

BWB
on 3/20/13 1:37 pm

That is a really good plan.  Exercise is 100% effective if you like it and once you get into a program you will tolerate it easier.  If you don't like the gym then try the pool (heated) , yoga, or dance.....keep going until you find the right thing for you. I hope you will post  your results.  I will join as soon as I get our taxes done.  

Most Active
Recent Topics