Lesson Learned

Kat Kat
on 3/24/13 12:55 pm - AZ

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been a little distant for the past several months because I was feeling pretty down. In the last 23 months there have been 7 deaths close to me, 4 that were family including that of my father. I developed a few physical issues which I’m working on resolving. To top of it all off, my work schedule has been more hectic than usual.

I didn’t label my subject OT though because I really wanted to share how this affected my WLS success, and provide insight. From the beginning I developed the habits my doctor and the vets so often encourage us to stick with such as, plan meals, take vitamins and supplements, read labels, don’t drink with meals, get in the proper amount of fluids and protein, and think before eating. Since I’m past my 18 month honeymoon period, I also weigh myself once a week, and adjust accordingly. What did this this result in? I have not gained a pound.

I can’t emphasize enough, the importance of developing good habits. I also managed to think through when and why I wanted to eat while under tremendous stress, so I was able to make the right choices. These really are important tools to have when you need them the most, so work on them until they become second nature.

Best to All,

Kat

lumina99
on 3/24/13 12:59 pm - ME

That's such great advice, thank you for sharing..chin up, you're doing great!

Laura A.

Kat Kat
on 3/25/13 1:23 am - AZ

You are so welcome. Thanks for the support, the emotional stuff has been hard.

cajungirl
on 3/24/13 1:08 pm
Sorry you have been through so much lately. Kudos are learning early out and using those tools to manage the stress and eating. Job well done.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Kat Kat
on 3/25/13 1:26 am - AZ

Thanks, I appreciate the support. I'm not a tough love type of person, so without the great and nurturing advice of the Vets I was able to avoid the pitfalls.

LadyLilMax
on 3/24/13 2:33 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

God bless you and keep you close!  What an inspiration you are.  How grateful I am that you shared this with us.  Thank you.  I am only 3 1/2 months out and still sometimes struggle with the "right" choice so this was a needed boost. 

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

Kat Kat
on 3/25/13 1:30 am - AZ

Thanks for your support and kindness. It really was the plan I developed and habits that helped the most.  For now focus on you, what works for you, and live it. The first 18 months are so important.

Ashley H.
on 3/24/13 10:13 pm
RNY on 10/10/13
I'm so sorry about your losses. May God bless you and your family. Thank you for taking the time to post such a great testimonial. I'm new here and to see you've made it through unbelievable adversity is inspirational. Take care.
Kat Kat
on 3/25/13 1:34 am - AZ

Thank you very much for your support and kindness. We're all in this together here, and since WLS enhanced my quality of life as well as most certainly saved it, I really just wanted to pay it forward.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/24/13 10:18 pm - OH

I am so sorry you have endured so many losses (I have a small family so cannot even imagine having so many deaths), but what a great testament to how the plan really works when we really adopt a new eating lifestyle and stick to it.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.