Too much?

glad2balive
on 3/29/13 4:25 am, edited 3/29/13 5:14 am

I just ate entire box of green giant veg. medley 8 oz. (1 cup frozen about 1/2 prepared 2 servings per container 140 cal. total 4 g of protein). I was craving them badly even though there was not much protein.

I feel full for the first time ever since surgery almost 4 years ago.

Is this too much at a time? I do not want to eat too much to stretch pouch or gain weight as I am trying to lose---still.

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Dee.spunk
on 3/29/13 5:39 am - Sacramento, CA
No, 1/2 a cup is fine. I can eat 1/2 a cup of veggies, no problem. But I'd still keep to protein forward meals.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

poet_kelly
on 3/29/13 8:36 am - OH

Doesn't sound like too much to me.  I eat about one cup of food all the time.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

lumina99
on 3/29/13 10:20 am - ME
How much protein and vegies can we have at a meal ? Just curious? I can't wait to eat real food!

Laura A.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/29/13 10:25 am - OH

It will vary over time (your pouch will be noticeably larger by the time you are 6 months out and again by a year out), how big your pouch is to begin with (some surgeons make smaller pouches than others), and -- MOSTLY -- will vary based on the density of the food you are eating,  I can eat a LOT of things like watermelon, green beans, and (unfortunately) popcorn because they all chew down to next to nothing.  I can still only eat 3-4 ounces of beef and tuna, though, because they are very dense.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/29/13 10:30 am - OH

No, at 4 years out, that doesn't sound like too much at all.  But you still need to be focusing on protein...

In four years you have never felt full after eating dense foods (e.g., beef, tuna, chicken, beans)?!?

It is very difficult to stretch your pouch.  It is made from the top of the stomach and part of the lesser curvature, which is the least stretchy part of the stomach.  The only way to stretch it is to routinely overeat (and, even then, you are more likely to stretch the stoma),  are you tracking what you are eating?  That is the best way to know whether or not you are eating too much.  Volume matters far less than the nutritional content of what you are consuming.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

glad2balive
on 3/29/13 10:24 pm, edited 3/29/13 10:47 pm

Thanks for all the comments. For some reason, I just never get full or hungry ****il yesterday). I am still trying to reach goal. 

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views