Ulcers and IBS

Lindsay J.
on 3/29/13 10:06 am - Minot, ND
RNY on 09/05/12

So, I had my 6 month check up on Tuesday and for the last 2 weeks I had been having pain in my pouch anytime I eat or drink, especially if it was something cold so I told my surgeon about it. His first question was if I was prone to ulcers before the surgery, and although it had ulcers as a teen I hadn't had them as an adult much, but he now believes that I do have one. I have been placed on carafate (4 times daily) and have to take my antacid twice a day instead of once now to hopefully clear it up. He wants me back for a 9 month check up and if between now and then I am still experiencing the pain after taking all of the medication I am to call and he wants to scope me. He also is checking me for H. Pylori which he believes I may have as well (that was a fun test, let me tell ya). Then to top it all off I explained some episodes I have had involving extreme pain in my abdomen around my belly button that put me in the e.r. once (which they wrongly diagnosed ruptured ovarian cysts and caused an unnecessary visit to my gyno who confirmed I did not have any) to which my surgeon believes to be IBS and I am also on a medication to help control it that I have to take 4 times a day as well.

All the pills are driving me crazy, the carafate has completely thrown my pill regimen off track because I can't take a multi, iron, calcium or antacid with in an hour of taking it and I also have to take it an hour before eating or 2-3 hours after I have eaten. Just wondering if anyone else has dealt with the same issues, it's a little over whelming right now.

Most Active
Recent Topics