almost a month

yary500
on 4/7/13 3:06 pm
RNY on 03/14/13
What's goin on is been almost a month after surgery and i only lost about 6 pounds. I barely even eat the hold day isn't enough to eat all that is require. I try to eat 2 to 3 meals a day and 1 protein shake. Im not so great on d liquids doing about 30oz a day. Any help advice please has any one else weight loss have been slow like mines. O yeah also i use d bathroom every 5 to 6 days. I was given constitution medicine but it dont seem to work. What is your advice.
yary500
on 4/7/13 3:19 pm
RNY on 03/14/13
Constipation lol. Sorry im on my phone dam spell checker.
JulieIND
on 4/7/13 3:32 pm - Indianapolis, IN

It could be your body still adjusting and also getting rid of the swelling.  I know I am always bloated after surgeries and actually gain weight.  My first month or two were slow going.  I'm sure you'll take off shortly!

yary500
on 4/7/13 3:40 pm
RNY on 03/14/13
Thanks for d advice i did swell up in d hospital. I was there 5 days and gained 7 pounds which i lost. Plus d 6 that i have lost now
yary500
on 4/7/13 5:01 pm
RNY on 03/14/13
Any more advise? Please helppppp?
karenp8
on 4/7/13 5:29 pm - Brighton, IL

The more liquids and protein you can get in the more weight you will lose. Liquids are especially important because it is easy to become dehydrated. You are not even getting half of the minimum 64 ounces of fluids that are recommended each day. I always keep a bottle of water or crystal light with me so I can sip every 15 minutes or so. Following your doctor's plan to a t really will help you take the weight off! Hang in there you can and will do this!

Candy V.
on 4/7/13 9:58 pm - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

I agree with Karen, you MUST drink more.  That is your job right now to drink fluids and eat protein!  It is not optional!!!!   Try all different types of liquids - hot tea, propel zero, poweraid zero, crystal lite, decaf coffee.... etc.  sip sip sip all day long.  Protein drinks will help you with the total protein consumption too.  Same on them keep trying different ones until you fine something you can tolerate.  I use premier protein pre made drinks from sams club and syntrax brand powders.  Get some samples online and drink them down!!

Ask your surgeon about what they recommend first.  Try mirilax for the constipation, it worked for me early out.  Or I think others used MOM.  Now at 6 months post op it is not a problem any more, but it was for the first few months.

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

thynnlynn
on 4/8/13 12:32 am - MI

I keep forgetting to eat but am getting a lot of protein when I do.  One thing I really like to drink that is healthy and is quite low cal is V8 with a squirt of lemon or lime in it.

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 25 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views