My belly button hurts. Please read!

Lori Risner
on 4/5/13 3:07 am - OR
RNY on 03/12/13

My name is Lori.  I had RNY on 3/12/13 and so far doing ok.  The past week I have a new pain.  Just to the left of my belly button HURTS!!!  When I move a certain way it feels like a sharp pinch / burn feeling.  Is this nerve pain?  The area is even tender to touch lightly.  There is no incision there and no swelling.  Has anyone experienced this?  I am really desperate.  Please pray this will go away soon.

Blessings on your day!

cajungirl
on 4/5/13 3:39 am

The left side is where the majority of work is done.....you're probably healing on the inside at 3 weeks out.  Are you running fever or is the skin hot to the touch?  Tender is probably ok but if you are really concerned please contact your surgeon.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

glad2balive
on 4/5/13 3:45 am

It could be nerves or scar tissue from laparoscopic procedure. I will pray it goes away soon. If it does not I would call doctor for advice. Good luck!

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

In Christ

Melissa Nicely
on 4/5/13 5:04 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

You might want to contact your surgeon or mention it on your follow up. It might be a hernia starting. It never hurts to just call and ask.

RainbowRN
on 4/5/13 5:24 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/13
I had mine done on 3/12 also! I know EXACTLY the pain u are speaking of because I had it too. It's awful! My surgeon said that it was an internal stitch in the muscle that was healing. If I moved a particular way it hurt bad!!! I had it for about a week and then it finally has started to go away. I felt it one time this morning but last week I had it all damn day long! It will go away just hang in there!

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

RainbowRN
on 4/5/13 7:36 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13
Okay, it comes and goes because I haven't had it all day but now I have it bad. Owww!

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

Lori Risner
on 4/7/13 6:22 am - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
Oh no!!!! I am so sorry!!!! This sucks!!!! I really hope this goes away for both of us soon. We should be friends on here since we have matching surgery dates! LOL. U have lost a lot so far. Good job! Other than the belly pain, hoe are u doing?

Blessings on your day!

Most Active