One Year Lab Work Question

Sherry T.
on 4/10/13 12:18 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

In the next 6 weeks I have to get my one year labs done....I don't have insurance, is anyone aware of where the best place to go for someone without insurance?   I guess I need to check the health department and maybe get some rates from the local labs....I didn't have to have anything done at the 6 month check up and was hoping for a job with benefits before I had to get this done...but not as of yet and not sure if I'm even going to stay with this company.    I'd even be willing to go into Atlanta if it'd help...I live about 90 miles south of there.  My surgeon gave me the order at my 6

Just thought I'd put it out there, I'm sure with all our followers someone might could offer some advice.  :) 

Thanks!

Sherry

poet_kelly
on 4/10/13 12:22 pm - OH

I'd call around to a few different labs to see which is cheaper.

Also, local hospitals will often make a payment plan with you so you don't have to pay it all up front.  And sometimes they will give you a reduced fee if you do pay it all up front.

Have you had any labs done yet?  You didn't do any at six months out?  What about nine months?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sherry T.
on 4/10/13 12:57 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Ya know thinking back, I'm pretty sure I did have some at 6 months because I was still with the ex and we had insurance through the first of Novemeber (he lost his job) so I'm sure I did and it was all good, my protein was a little low but everything else was fine to him.  I did think about you Kelly because I wasn't offered my numbers of what the results showed....just told that it was good.  I really think it's important to know.  Should have asked for them! 

I didn't have to go for a 9 month follow up....at my one year I'll meet with the nut. and the surgeon...not sure if I'll have to go at 18 months, sorta hope so...just for him to see where I am and where I need to be .....then the 2 year when I should be where I need to be!  But who knows...I still have a good ways to go.  

Thanks chicka!

Sherry  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/10/13 1:08 pm - OH

You can still call the doctor's office and ask them to provide you with a copy of your 6 months lab results (and I would strongly recommend it because we really need to be able to see trends of what things might be dropping to catch a problem before it becomes a full blown deficiency).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Sherry T.
on 4/10/13 1:18 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I should before I get up there....and then I will have them in hand and can ask for my 1 year results when I go....thanks Lora, I think I will put that on my to do list tomorrow. 

Hope your doing good and knee is good as new!

Sherry

MrsLitch
on 4/10/13 8:34 pm - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
My daughter used our health dpt before she got medicaid. It would be the first place I would call. Ours charges on a sliding scale based on income and allows you to make payments.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 255 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 269 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views