My favorite NSV - mom's can understand this one!

Sherrie P.
on 5/8/13 12:31 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

I am only 13 weeks post op RNY, but I think I had my favorite NSV on Monday -

For the first time ever, I chaperoned a field trip.

I always felt like kids could be the worst - if for no other reason their brutal honesty.  I was too self conscious to go anywhere.  I always had my busy work schedule to hide behind.

Well, my youngest is "graduating" elementary school - and this was our last field trip ... so I did it.

Down 55 pounds since January - I fit in the auditorium seats!! I am still a big girl - but not SO big that I couldn't do everything comfortably.

My son was so happy to have me there and it was a great experience!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Missy A.
on 5/8/13 12:39 pm - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

Wat an awesome NSV! I bet you son is proud of you! Great job and keep in keeping on!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

shannonigan
on 5/8/13 2:23 pm - Tooele, UT
RNY on 04/30/13
So happy for you! What a great nsv!
Laura in Texas
on 5/8/13 8:21 pm

Good for you!! Yep, kids are cruel. That is one of the reasons I had surgery. I did not want my kids growing up being teased for having a fat mom. Growing up is tough enough as it is without us adding to their plate.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

JanBooth
on 5/8/13 11:23 pm - KY
RNY on 09/25/12

This made me smile, seriously, huge!  I have always loved being a chaperone on field trips.  So great that you had the opportunity to do this, and that you felt so comfortable.  Happy for your son, too!  Wonderful memories for the both of you! 
The last time that I did it was an 8th grade trip to Washington, DC, a few years before my surgery.  We walked through Arlington Cemetery, and I think it was the first time that my daughter was truly embarrassed, as was I.  There are several hills, winding walkways, and it's a LONG walk through that place!  It was a slightly chilly day, but the sweat was pouring off of me, so much so that my hair was dripping wet.  I was flushed, out of breath, and could barely walk the last part of the way.  I kept stopping to rest.  My daughter stayed with me, for most of the walk.  Towards the end, she ran up with her friends and left me with a couple of the grown ups who were "watching" me.  One man was CPR certified, so he was sent back to walk with me.  After this trip, my daughter never asked for me to chaperone again :(  Until...
She's a sophomore in high school, with a trip to Peru coming up next year.  She has talked with me about the possibility of being a chaperone...so, I'm guessing I'm not such an embarrassment now! 

Janet

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~ Dr. Seuss~

Candy V.
on 5/9/13 5:35 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Great NSV, close to Mothers day too.

I volunteered as a chaperone a few years ago for a trip to the sand dunes.   HUGE mistake, I could not keep up the pace the kids set.  Lucky for me there were a few overweight kids and another overweight mom I could hang back with.  Walking up hills in the sand is sooo hard.   I just wanted to lay down in the sand and rest.

Now that I am thinner I may have to try a dune climb again.  My kids are in High school now, so no more field trips here.  BUT I could do it now!

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 11 replies · 43 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views