How much

browneyes65
on 5/16/13 5:26 pm - IN

How much does it usually cost a month for protein powders, bars and vitamins, estimate ? What all do you take, is everyone different or do we all take the same dose of vitamins ? does it stay the same from the time after surgery till years later.

poet_kelly
on 5/16/13 9:00 pm - OH

I spend about $30 a month on vitamins.  Protein shakes and bars are more, of course.

The ASMBS recommends the same things for everyone starting out but we end up taking different things based on our labs.  And no, it doesn't stay the same forever.  Most people end up developing some deficiencies down the road and need to add extra things then.

I take two multis a day, 1500 mg calcium citrate, 75 mg iron with 500 mg vitamin C, every day.  I take 50,000 IU D3 three times a week, 25,000 IU vitamin A three times a week, and 50 mg zinc twice a week.  I also take B12 shots once a week.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

cajungirl
on 5/16/13 11:34 pm

Very subjective depending on what protein powder you can tolerate and how quick you can get your protein from food sources.  Same goes with vitamins.....YOUR labs will dictate how much you need to take; some take minimal vitamins with no problems and others take LOTS of vitamins, need iron infusions, etc.

I've had to adjust my vitamins many times since surgery. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 260 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 285 views