Feeling so tired all the time.

netnay
on 5/21/13 5:57 pm
RNY on 03/27/13
I know I am suppose to be exercising as much as I can, but I am so freaking tired her lately. I have been taking my b-12 with my other vitamins. I have had several times when I have forgot to take it. Has anyone gone through this in the few months after surgery and does it get better?

'View

brendaterry
on 5/21/13 8:21 pm - NJ
I am feeling the same way. My surgery was 4/22/13. I think the energy will come when we start the excercise . Hope you feel better soon!
Lessoflinda
on 5/21/13 8:46 pm - NY

I am 6.5 months out and had a period a few weeks ago when I felt really tired.... expected something to show up in my labs but they were fine... I seem to be feeling more energetic again... oh, and I usually go to the gym 3-4 times a week.

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

wana_b_me
on 5/21/13 9:35 pm - NJ

HEY PEEPS. your body is going thru some major changes. GIVE IT TIME TO HEAL. I AM GOING THRU THE SAME THING. ALWAYS REMEMBER A JOURNEY STARTS WITH THE 1ST STEP. BABY STEPS.. JUST FOLLOW WHAT YUR DOC SAYS. AND IT WILL GET BETTER. GO WITH THE FLOW AND DON'T PUSH YURSELF. THE RESULTS ARE WELL WORTH .IT. HOW MUCH YOU'VE LOST. HOW GOOD YOUR GONNA LOOK AND FEEL GOOD LUCK XOXO. F.

Lessoflinda
on 5/21/13 10:27 pm - NY

Couldn't agree more... just trying to reassure the original poster!  Cheers!

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

Kristenselfs
on 5/22/13 11:01 am - PA
I am two weeks post op and that is my biggest problem, it's hard, hoping u feel more energy soon, as I sure hope as time passes I will also. We have to keep going, tiredness seems to be a lots of GB patients, even further out than I am, and it is frustrating, my Dr. Said our bodies were depleted from liquids preop and liquids post op, so think of it as u have run a marathon, and it will take some time to rebuild our bodies.

Alice
pwoo10
on 5/23/13 4:26 am - IN
RNY on 06/06/12

I'm almost a year out and I yawn all the time.  I take all my vitamins and my blood work has came back just fine. I walk every night and eat pretty healthy.  I just can't stop yawning.  It is almost embarrassing how much I yawn.  I wish I could quit feeling tired all the time. 

JanicesJourney
on 5/23/13 7:43 am
RNY on 04/29/13

I am four weeks post-op, and I feel extremely tired all the time.  I am only managing about 500 calories a day, but I get all my protein, vitamins, and water in.  I go back to work next week, so I hope it gets better.  I plan on asking my doctor about this when I see him May 30.  I called the nurse, and she said it is normal for my stage of recovery.  I also had five surgeries (RNY, 2 hernias, gallbladder removal, and bowel resection. I guess it will take more time to get some energy.  I haven't had the energy to go back to the gym yet.  Hang in there...it just must take more time.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 231 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 83 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?