dizzy its is normal

yary500
on 5/26/13 9:09 am
RNY on 03/14/13
Its is normal that every time I lie down and get back up I feel dizzy and feel like im gonna faint n if I don't hold on to sum I loose balance. Should I call a Dr on call or rush to d er? Has any one experience this.
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/26/13 10:17 am - OH

There is no need to rush to the ER, and I am not sure that it warrants calling the doctor on call this weekend since you are more than 2 months out (it can't hurt, but they will likely not be able to suggest much without someone seeing you), but you will definitely want to talk to someone in your surgeons's office next week. There are many possible reasons for dizziness: dehydration, low blood sugar, and low blood pressure are three likely causes.  How much are you drinking? 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

gooddaysunshine
on 5/26/13 10:48 am
RNY on 04/30/13

I have the same exact thing.  Has been happening for over a week now.  I posted on it and got lots of good responses, one person said it's called "postural hypotention."  I imagine mine is due to mild dehydration since there are days I know I don't get enough liquids in.  I follow up with my surgeon on 5/29 and plan to verify with him.

Mary Catherine
on 5/26/13 11:31 am

Pump your legs a few times before standing up.  That will send blood towards your head and stop the dizzy feeling.  Your heart was pumping for a bigger body and when you lie or sit now the blood tends to pool in your legs and then have to work hard to get moving again when you stand up.  This is temporary.

Jilly Bean
on 5/26/13 12:12 pm - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

Thank you!  The same thing has been happening to me, too.

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

yary500
on 5/26/13 11:50 am
RNY on 03/14/13
I drink about 40 to 50 Oz a day
NSULArry
on 5/26/13 1:38 pm - LA
RNY on 04/02/13

I saw this and immediately wanted to click to see what others had to say, i also get this way some times, it passes quick, some times i find myself leaning on a wall for awhile

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Grim_Traveller
on 5/26/13 9:29 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

This has happened to me on and off from the beginning, and I'm now nine months out. My surgeon and PCP both told me it was low blood pressure, or orthostatic (postural) hypotension. It is easy enough to test if you can check your own blood pressure. The docs checked mine sitting, resting, and then right after standing. it dropped a lot, even when I didn't feel dizzy. The surgeon said he had seen a fair number of cases, but would not call it common. 

Both docs said the same thing, drink more fluids, and have more salt. I try to drink more, even though I usually get over 100 ounces a day.

But do be careful. I have had a few episodes where I wasn't smart enough to sit down right away, and blacked out. 

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

wdwgram14
on 5/27/13 2:58 am

yp me too i even posted it i go to primary tuesday called my nut she said go to primary asked if i tale blood presure meds i do i take 2 high dose she said prolly time to start getting off prolly bp is to low :)

Dare to dream , Dare to live , Namaste

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 19 replies · 71 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 245 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 259 views