OT-Today's Bible Verse

Kenny B.
on 5/25/13 10:12 pm - Leland, NC
RNY on 01/30/12

Do not rebuke mockers or they will hate you; rebuke the wise and they will love you. Instruct  the wise and they will be wiser still; teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.              Proverbs 9:8-9 (NIV)

Kenny B.
Philippians 4;6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

DoryAnne2
on 5/26/13 9:15 am
RNY on 04/01/13

Hi, Kenny.  It's nice to see a bible verse.  My name is Dory Anne and I just had my surgery 8 weeks ago.  I'm trying to just trust God that this was the right decision for me, to follow the meal plan to the best of my ability, and leave the outcome in His hands.  I've been in Overeaters Anonymous for 10 years, which focuses on the 12 steps of AA and is a spiritual program, but although I saw a lot of emotional growth, I still couldn't maintain abstinence on a permanent basis, hence the surgery.

I see you had yours over a year ago.  How have you been doing with maintaining your weight loss? 

HW:  268    SW:  255    GW:155    CW:  158

THE BEST THINGS IN LIFE AREN'T THINGS.

RNY Surgery on 4/1/13   with Dr. Gohil

Kenny B.
on 5/26/13 9:34 pm - Leland, NC
RNY on 01/30/12

Hey, Thanks for reading the verses. I'm almost 16 months out and been maintaining for about 6-7  months now. I prayed alot that this was what I was supposed to do, and I feel like it was. I have had no problems what so ever. I guess you can call it a picture perfect journey. I thank GOD that everything has gone as smooth as it has. It still can't get over how little I eat even now. I still can't eat more than a cup and a half without feeling full.  Keep your eyes on the big picture and the reason you had this done. It is a tool that you have to work. There is alot of mental strain on you to change from what used to be to the NEW  you. If you need someone to talk to, Please don't hesitate to drop me a line. Keep GOD first, tell him your problems and trust HIM to lead you down the right path.

Kenny B.
Philippians 4;6-7

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

DoryAnne2
on 5/26/13 10:39 pm
RNY on 04/01/13

Thanks, Kenny.  If you don't mind my asking, how much did you lose?   Do you stay away from certain foods or do you eat most things in moderation now?

From the research I did, they usually say people lose up to 80% of their excess weight, but from most of the posts I've been reading, it seems most people get down to their goal weight, even if they can't stay there.

I know that this surgery changed my body, but didn't change my mind.  Even though prayer and God is the integral part of my life, in the past I haven't been able to deal with my stress/boredom/fear....whatever...without using food.  I AM praying that now that I have this tool to help me, I'll be able to turn things over to God more and let His peace answer my emotions rather than comforting/numbing myself with food.  I also plan on making exercise a daily part of my life, which I know will help me maintain a healthier weight.

I'll keep in touch.  Thanks for answering and encouraging all of us with your bible verse.  Have a blessed day!  Dory Anne

Kenny B.
on 5/27/13 10:28 am - Leland, NC
RNY on 01/30/12

I started out at 304, Day of surgery I was at 270. 7 months out I was at goal (185 ). I am now between 168 and 162. It bounces back and forth. I eat mainly the same things. I can not drink whole milk. If I do, it's skim or 1% and then I don't drink alot. I will make me sick. I do listen to my tool when it is getting full or something just doesn't feel right. I do eat my protein first then the other stuff if I have room.

This is a big mental game. As you lose weight your energy level will increase. Get out and walk, do something to get your mind off food. Keep a bottle of water with you. I drink Gatoraid low calorie. And eat sunflower seeds all the time. 1/4 cup is 6 grams of protein. I'll eat atleast a cup a day. That keeps me from eating other things through out the day. Count your protein, calories, fat and sugar. You should only be having around  800-900 calories  a day at this stage. 10 grams of sugar and 10 fat per serving. Protein should be around 70-100 grams per day.

I hope this helps. GOD Bless

Kenny B.
Philippians 4;6-7

DoryAnne2
on 5/28/13 2:19 am
RNY on 04/01/13

WOW...I'm impressed that you're maintaining 20 pounds below goal.  Thanks for all your advice.  Right now I'm walking 1-2 miles a day, on average.  I'm just tracking my protein grams at the moment, since I'm still eating so little (only 2 ounces with just a bit of other things...veg, carb).  My plan is to stay away from sugar totally (by that I mean cake, cookies, ice cream, chocolate),  I do always eat my protein first, then vegetable, and then whatever carb (potato, flatbread, etc.) that I can fit in.  I know I have to work on changing my mind, and not having food be the intense focus it used to be.  I'm still adjusting emotionally and physically since it's all so recent.  Going out to eat, which we used to do frequently, is definitely a challenge.  I know there are going to major lifestyle changes, and I'm hoping it won't be too difficult for my husband, who also loves to eat.  Thanks for the sunflower seeds tip.  Once I'm eating more regular meals, I'm going to try to just not eat in between meals, but if I'm having a hard time doing that, I'll keep that tip in mind. 

Thanks, again, Kenny for all the info and encouragement.  I really appreciate it.

Most Active
Recent Topics