Flourless, Light and Fluffy Rolls with Protein

Kat Kat
on 6/2/13 8:29 am - AZ

Here is a recipe I found online for rolls which are light and fluffy, have protein, and contain no flour. Below I also added pictures of my first batch (I've made several now). They are so good with sf jam, but tonight, I'm having sloppy joes.

Kat

Makes 6 Rolls.

3 large eggs
pinch of cream of tartar (1/8 tsp)
3 ounces cream cheese (Do not soften)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Separate the eggs and add cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff (if you're using the same mixer, mix the whites first and then the yolk mixture). Using a spatula, gradually fold the egg yolk mixture into the white mixture, being careful not to break down the whites. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet, making 6 mounds. Flatten each mound slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes (You want them slightly softer, not crumbly). Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes, and then remove to a rack and allow them to cool. Store in a loosely open sack and allow to rest on the counter before use (otherwise they might be too moist). Can be frozen.

Notes: If you are making these to be savory (for burgers) you can add dry mustard and dill or other seasonings to the yolk mixture. If you want a more sweet roll, add a very small amount of stevia natural sweetener to the yolk mixture.

Nutritional information per roll: Calories:85 , Carbohydrates: .6 g, Fiber: 0g, Net Carbohydrates: .6g, Protein: 4g, Fat: 7.5

NDHM
on 6/2/13 8:51 am
Well these I'm just going to have to try!! Thanks for sharing.
PetHairMagnet
on 6/2/13 9:08 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Very interesting! I will have to make those for my husband, he is much further out than I am.  Standard or convection oven?

Thank you!!

Kat Kat
on 6/2/13 9:56 am - AZ

Hi PetHair

Standard

You're Welcome, I hope you enjoy them. I was thinking of making something like a Danish next time. I plan to add a little Stevia to my next batch, then when done spread on a light coat of sweetened cream cheese, and completing with a dab of sf jam in the center. 

Kat

PetHairMagnet
on 6/2/13 11:48 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On June 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM Pacific Time, Kat Kat wrote:

Hi PetHair

Standard

You're Welcome, I hope you enjoy them. I was thinking of making something like a Danish next time. I plan to add a little Stevia to my next batch, then when done spread on a light coat of sweetened cream cheese, and completing with a dab of sf jam in the center. 

Kat

Have you seen the new flavored cream cheeses? Caramel, chocolate and some others I do not recall. I saw them in the store today. Maybe try making a batch with caramel flavored?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Kat Kat
on 6/2/13 12:36 pm - AZ

Hmmmm, I'll have to look for them next time I shop, Thanks!

ShadowHR
on 6/2/13 10:07 am - WI
RNY on 04/04/13

Gotta try these soon!

Surgery Weight 245

LilyBugsMommy
on 6/2/13 10:17 am - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

Bump

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

65rosesmom
on 6/2/13 10:55 am

I have seen this recipe on Pinterest and wondered how they taste.  Thanks for sharing.  Are they filling?

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Kat Kat
on 6/2/13 11:20 am - AZ

I think they are. I put ham and cheese on one with a little spicy mustard and it was perfect. 

I also eat them when I'm under stress too. One of my weak times is when I'm working from home on something that is extremely challenging, and don't get enough sleep. I can graze on  them and stay under 600 calories (even if I ate them all).

Kat