Haven't been around in a while, been in the hospital for 6 weeks

Mal
on 6/20/13 6:36 am

Hi everyone.  Just wanted to post an update on me.  On May 10th, I had a bad accident and perferated my bowel, right where they did my RNY 3 years ago.  I had sepsis and almost died, it was a very scary thing to go through.  I had surgery that day and they re-did my bypass and repaired the bowel.   Its been a slow, rough road recovering, but I'm in a rehab hospital (my 2nd one) and getting stronger every day.  I developed a stricture at the bottom of the pouch where they connect the small intestine and they did an EGD to open it up again on Monday this week.  Tomorrow I get to have real food again which I'm thankful for because I've been on full liquids for 3 weeks.  They did an open procedure from my breastbone to my pelvis (vertically) and needed to leave it open to heal from the inside out.  It was terrible and I had a wound vac for 2 1/2 weeks but its almost all healed up now.

I am able to get down to the library here now at the hospital I'm at so I'm going to try to check in at least once a day.  I miss all my friends here!  Its very lonely being in the hospital for so long and I'm seriously bored outta my mind, but have to be here and I'm trying to make the best of it even though it sucks royally! lol   I'm headed to another facility probably on wednesday next week to finish my pt and get stronger provided I can keep down solid food. (Crossing fingers!) 

I've missed everyone here and hope you're all doing well.

Mallisa

65rosesmom
on 6/20/13 6:46 am

Oh my gosh, what you've been through is horrible.  SO glad you are healing.  I hope all your friends see this!!

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Missy A.
on 6/20/13 8:09 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

Sorry you have been through this horrific ordeal! Wishing you the best in your recovery!

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

Brenda S.
on 6/20/13 8:33 am - FL
RNY on 04/09/13
I'm so sorry for all you've been going through! I hope your recovery is quick and easy from here on. Best wishes!

Dar_Mab
on 6/20/13 9:18 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Very sorry to hear this. Wishing you speedy recovery!

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

brenda_m
on 6/20/13 10:23 am - Renick, WV

So sorry to hear. Your in my prayers.

PetHairMagnet
on 6/20/13 10:26 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Oh dear heavens! Was it a car accident or fall down onto a metal stake in your yard or what? YIKES! That just makes me want to hug my tummy in sympathetic pain for you!

God bless you--I hope you are on the road to recovery and don't have to look back at any of the issues you are dealing with now.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Justcallmesuz
on 6/20/13 11:12 am
RNY on 05/08/13

How scary! I'm so lad your going to be ok!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

LadyLilMax
on 6/20/13 11:25 am - Retirement Ville, AZ

Saying prayers for your full recovery!  How wonderful that  you are getting stronger every day and that you are back in the swim here so to speak.  

Please post often and let us know how you are.

Wow.  What a horrific experience.  PTL you made it.  What a fighter!  Good for you.

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

karisma99
on 6/20/13 11:27 am - CA

OMG! So sorry to hear about this.  I wish you a safe and speedy recovery.

Most Active
Recent Topics