14 weeks out. what does your daily diet look like?

Lori Risner
on 6/25/13 2:25 pm - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
Hi there! Just wondering what your daily diet looks like at 14 weeks out. I know I should eat breakfast but most days I don't. That's bad... Lunch is a side salad with a kids sized hamburger patty, and dinner is pretty much the same. I find myself cheating a little by eating a half a piece of bread or some pasta. Then I feel guilty. How many ounces of protein did you eat per meal. I just don't want to waste this precious time. I need help. Kinda feel like I am slipping. All advice is appreciated!

Blessings on your day!

Dar_Mab
on 6/25/13 7:43 pm - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

I had surgery March 8 so I am only 2 weeks ahead of you.  I aim for 800 calories and 80 grams of protein. I work out every day for 1 hour on treadmill.  

I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks aiming for close in on 80+ G protein by end of day.  Do you measure and track your food so you know how many calories and protein you are getting.  I use My FitnessPal.  If you are using it or want to start, you can add me as a friend and see what I eat.  Just look for Dar_Mab     

I do eat toast and don't consider that cheating my clinic said it was ok.  I always aim for multigrain or whole wheat.  I use Weigh****chers bread. For 2 slices it is 100 calories and 4g of protein for the multigrain.   Pasta is allowed but I have only had it once since surgery. When you are tracking your good you begin to see that for the calories and carbs what is worth it ir not.  For me, I only intend to eat pasta as a treat. 

You should consult with your dietitian and explain to her your issue with breakfast. You do need to have something. Small meals and snacks throughout the day.

good luck!  You can do this. ,  make a commitment to follow a plan that is good for your long term health and habits.  The first 18 to 24 months is critical to develop the habits you need for life the vets say.  So buckle down and try to follow your dietitians's plan as well as the advice from the vets 

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

JanicesJourney
on 6/26/13 1:27 pm, edited 6/26/13 1:30 pm
RNY on 04/29/13

I am 8 weeks post-op, and my NUT tells me I am not eating enough protein.  She said to aim for 700-800 calories a day and 80 grams of protein.  I find it impossible to eat enough protein in that calorie range.  I eat 2X protein yogurt, cottage cheese, cheese sticks, almonds, and ground turkey or some other mild protein like beans.  Cannot tolerate fish/chicken/eggs.  Can you give me some other idease of what and how much to eat to get up to 80 g of protein.  Unless I load up on protein drinks, which I am sick of, I can't seem to get past 40-50 grams a day.  I log all of my food and water intake on MyFitnessPal.  I go to the gym 3 times a week for 2 hrs each time.  Losing weight slowly.

Lori Risner
on 6/26/13 4:33 am - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
Thank you so much!!!! I just don't want to blow it. I will download my fitness pal. Maybe we can be weight loss buddies? You have done wonderful!!!!

Blessings on your day!

Dar_Mab
on 6/26/13 9:02 am - Kitchener, ON, Canada
RNY on 03/08/13

Sounds great. I will watch for your friend request once you get MFP downloaded. 

HW: 305   SW: 272  CW: 155  Height: 5'4"

Lori Risner
on 6/28/13 2:44 pm - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
I am on MFP but I cannot figure out how to search for people. Ugh! My user name is rlrisn. Maybe u can find me cuz I am a dough head tonight. LOL

Blessings on your day!

PrincessBelle
on 6/26/13 7:35 am
My surgery was March 11th. I eat about 800 cals/day, supposed to be aiming to up to 1000. I get at least 75 grams protein a day. I do eat some carbs, strictly whole grain. For example, I eat a serving of Kashi Go Lean original cereal for breakfast with a cup of unsweetened soy milk, or I may have a serving of Kashi snack crackers with tuna for lunch. I still cannot fit much volume in my pouch so it is still an effort to make my 800 cals. I track religiously with both Lose It & MFP. I do cardio 6 days a week and add weight lifting every other day. I track steps & stairs with fit bit & weigh every day. I'm a tad neurotic!

RNY 3/11/13.