Question....repost from Myfitnesspal...

Sherry T.
on 6/25/13 1:29 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

Need some help, around 5pm, I'm starving....that I'm absolutely empty by the time I get home. I eat an afternoon snack...yesterday it was a power crunch peanut butter bar. So, I ate some salad I made the day before...had it for lunch too...but was still hungry....so made a 1/2 peanut butter jelly sandwich....probably should have held out and see how I felt...defrosted and warmed up some homemade veggie soup with ground beef in it....well I ate some of it and then the pouch started radiating pain....had to lay down...am i eating too fast or just too darn much?...I'm 13 months out, I feel like I should know better....but I just feel so starved that I keep eating. It started over the weekend....just trying to get my head around it. Thanks!

Sherry

Larry Wassmann
on 6/25/13 1:52 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

I find that when I get hungry that I have not had the right kind of protein. I find that real meat lasts me longer than protein from other sources. I also drink something hot after waiting 60 minutes and that gives me time until the next meal. Also sugar less mints seem to take my hunger away sometimes. But they have a few calories even at that so have to watch them. I think our old friend hunger is always going to be with us, I have had hunger from a few days after I got home and it is not any better now, but can adjust what and when I eat to put it off until the next meal or snack. Just don't eat between meals and stay away from carbs like bread that do not last and FOR ME just make me more hungry.

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

poet_kelly
on 6/25/13 2:22 am - OH

I don't know how fast you ate.  Did you eat fast? 

You probably ate too much.  It can take a little while for your brain to get the message that you're full.  What I do is measure my portion and if I still feel hungry after that, I wait about 20 minutes.  If I'm still hungry, then I eat something else.  Most of the time, even if I felt hungry right after eating, after that 20 minutes has past, I'm not hungry anymore.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sherry T.
on 6/25/13 3:12 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I think I did eat too fast....and I need to find a more protein rich snack....I have some chicken soup protein I may dig back out and see if that will help in the afternoons.   Just when I think I can be satisfied and I don't have to be over stuffed anymore....I jinx myself and the hunger over takes me.....The salad was great but I don't think I had enough chicken to satisfy my hunger at lunch.  

I'm also at a point in my weight loss where I get here and sort of stall....I did on other diets...and I know it's my body readjusting to the weight loss...or just changes in general...so I'm mental to get past this point and keep the losses going.  I'm at 252 and with approximately 11 months of my window left...I just want to see 199.  :)  well really 180 or below but for now 199 would be nice.  LOL  

Thanks for the suggestions!

Sherry

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 219 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 258 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 266 views