Soft food recipe: Tiny Chicken Casserole

aliceindietland
on 7/5/13 2:58 am
RNY on 06/11/13

I tacked onto someone's post the other day about chicken and asked what I could do with canned chicken on soft food when I hate mayo.  I came up with something on my own last night so I thought I would share.  I made this all with stuff that I had on hand already!

Also, highly recommended: tiny casserole dishes! I got a few disposable aluminum containers that hold about 2 cups.

TINY CHICKEN CASSEROLE

• 1 can of chicken (in water)
  • 1/2 can of Campbell's 98% fat free cream of chicken
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup assorted chopped veggies (I think you could use anything - I had a bag of frozen chopped onions & peppers)
  • 3 tbsp bread crumbs (optional)

Mix all ingredients except bread crumbs together in a bowl and then pour into a tiny casserole dish.  Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.  (If you prefer not to have the carbs, then you can reserve some of the cheese to sprinkle on top instead, or add more cheese.)  Bake at 425 for 25 minutes.

My ingredients worked out to 90 calories per 1/2 cup serving (there were 4). 

I'm going to try this again later mixing up the ingredients a little and adding some greek yogurt, and maybe even adding in some unflavored protein powder.  Will report back. :)

It was SUPER tasty, though.  I am also happy to report that this was the first time I've tried chicken and I didn't have any problems with it at all.  Yay!

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

AllyMomof3
on 7/5/13 3:23 am - Lamar, MO
RNY on 08/21/13
Sounds yummy thanks for sharing

Starting Weight: 357 Surgery Weight: 312 Goal Weight 157 Surgery date August 21, 2013 Current Weight 302    

okinawamama53
on 7/5/13 4:50 am

Thanks for sharing!!

Katie K.
on 7/5/13 10:07 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

What size was your casserole dish?

aliceindietland
on 7/5/13 10:43 pm
RNY on 06/11/13

They're really small - I don't have the label on anymore but I think they hold about 2 cups. Disposable aluminum from the grocery store. :)

"The first thing I've got to do," said Alice to herself, as she wandered about in the wood, "is to grow to my right size again..." -- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Blog: http://therightsize.wordpress.com   Twitter: @therightsize  HW: 365  SW: 346 CW: 254

Katie K.
on 7/6/13 9:39 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

I liked it but I think the next time I'll use Italian blend instead of cheddar. Also, I might use my roommate's onion. Or I suppose I could walk to the store and get my own. I have to go there anyway. I plan on making turkey (shaved) sandwiches with cucumber for the bread, dipped in Greek dressing. The thought of it had me drooling last night. I have everything except the turkey.

PetHairMagnet
on 7/6/13 10:23 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

For some tang and extra protein, try plain Greek yogurt instead of cream of anything soup.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 299 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 301 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
Recent Topics