SV & NSV this morning! Seven months out...

TomN
on 7/26/13 10:41 pm
RNY on 12/27/12 with
Today is my seven month surgiversay...for those just starting out or getting ready to have surgery it seemed like forever away just after my procedure and seems like yesterday now! Seven months and 164 pounds later I feel so awesome...three miles every morning with my dogs and then I get at least five days of other cardio at either the gym or push mowing my lawn or walking the golf course. I have done a couple 5K's and since I began this process, losing 55 pounds pre surgery, I am now down from a high weight of 488 to 269... A true blessing of having to carry around 219 pounds less of me! That is my SV...have to fix my weight on the health tracker on my laptop at work Monday as it does not work on my iPad for some reason. As for my NSV...my wife and I went to the local diner this morning, a treat I do once every two weeks from my normal breakfast of a Dannon Light and Fit Greek 2x's Protien yogurt and 15 to 20 almonds, and, get this, fit into a small booth! Like many I am almost afraid of booths and avoid them at all costs. Lately, I have been in a few but the ones at our diner are small. The fat man stuck inside said no way you fit in there but my wife insisted I try and I fit with some room to spare...how cool! My head is still playing catch up but I'm getting there...all of that said, I still realize I have a way to go especially when a person I did not even know, who was on the way to a weigh****chers meeting on campus, told me, after I gave him directions to it, told me I could use to join the program to lose some weight... I burst out laughing, thanked him and said that I am still working on it and might consider it at some point. Someday I hope to learn the picture thing...I have a few on my profile but they won't load in due to pixels or something like that... Keep up the great work everyone! You are all sooooooooo worth the effort!

Karen R.
on 7/26/13 10:52 pm
RNY on 04/14/13

Congratulations on all you've accomplished.  You should be very, very proud--if for no other reason than for not punching out that oh-so helpful stranger who suggested you go with them to Weigh****chers.  blush  I can't fathom what goes through people's minds when they choose to be rude (and to me, that's what it is: rudeness) in that way.  I love that you can laugh it away, confident in yourself and the journey you're on.  Kudos to you!

5'4" | Pre Surgery BMI:  40.7 | Current BMI:  20.8 | SW:  237 |  CW:  121 |  GW:  125

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

TomN
on 7/27/13 4:37 am
RNY on 12/27/12 with
You are doing awesome as well and always supportive! Thanks for that and not to worry on the WW comment, something I may seek out when I hit goal but not yet!

PetHairMagnet
on 7/27/13 7:53 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On July 27, 2013 at 5:52 AM Pacific Time, Karen R. wrote:

Congratulations on all you've accomplished.  You should be very, very proud--if for no other reason than for not punching out that oh-so helpful stranger who suggested you go with them to Weigh****chers.  blush  I can't fathom what goes through people's minds when they choose to be rude (and to me, that's what it is: rudeness) in that way.  I love that you can laugh it away, confident in yourself and the journey you're on.  Kudos to you!

Can I just say a big ol' DITTO!?!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

hibbyangel
on 7/26/13 11:53 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/17/13

congrats Tom, you are doing amazing! 

TomN
on 7/27/13 4:38 am
RNY on 12/27/12 with
Keep up the great work as well...seven months will fly by for you!

SteveWebb
on 7/27/13 4:12 am - NC

I've had several people tell me all I need is weigh****chers and exercise.  I'm not fooling around this time.  I'm going all the way and I'm going to lose it all permanently. I will either have the sleeve or full gastric bypass.  This will be decided when I get my last Doctor appointment.  Good luck and keep up the good work. 

TomN
on 7/27/13 4:36 am
RNY on 12/27/12 with
You go Steve! All of us are behind you and here if you need us...

Caroline K.
on 7/27/13 5:56 am

Congratulations!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 359 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 267 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 349 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 165 views