Pretty Worried PLEASE HELP

DannyBoyDVG
on 7/27/13 9:48 am - AR
So im about a year and a half out. This morning at about 4am I woke up with a crazy vomiting episode (or dry heaving what ever it is we do now) nothing but mucus was coming up but it was very "hard" heaving and after about 3 or 4 times of it light ammounts of light red blood starting coming up with the mucus. Im not sure if it was from my stomach or throat because both are pretty sore. I have however been eating and drinking normal today with no issues so, im just not sure what to think. Have any of you had this issue or have any suggestions?

PetHairMagnet
on 7/27/13 10:18 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Gee whiz, if I threw up blood, I would be at UC or the ER if my doctor was not open.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Katie K.
on 7/27/13 11:12 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13

Was it just enough to make it a little pink? I've had that before, it's just from straining so hard, I think. If you're feeling better, I wouldn't worry about it, but I would still keep note of it in case it happens more frequently.

DannyBoyDVG
on 7/27/13 11:44 am - AR
Yes it was just little tiny streaks of pink when phlegm would come out.

VintageChick
on 7/27/13 12:36 pm, edited 7/27/13 12:36 pm

Tiny streaks wouldn't worry me too much. It's easy for small vessels to rupture when straining, as mentioned above. Especially if everything is fine, now. If you start seeing any more than just a tinge you should be seen by a physician, though. 

lap RNY 5-15-13

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 7/27/13 12:37 pm - OH

^^^ ditto what she said.  

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

mynderella
on 7/27/13 1:25 pm - Ottawa, Canada

I recently had some issues with vomiting, and spoke with the NP at my clinic who advised that if something that looked like coffee granules came up, go to the hospital right away.  Be safe!

PetHairMagnet
on 7/27/13 9:08 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On July 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM Pacific Time, mynderella wrote:

I recently had some issues with vomiting, and spoke with the NP at my clinic who advised that if something that looked like coffee granules came up, go to the hospital right away.  Be safe!

Yes, that is a sign of a serious ulcer.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 87 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?