Opinions please

Cbaker1163
on 7/30/13 5:01 am
Revision on 07/12/13

First I'd like to say that I know no one here can give true medical advice -- but there are a lot of you that have either experienced it or know the answer.

I'm a little over 3 weeks from my revision, doing well, down around 30lbs. Last night I went to bed feeling fine. I woke up this morning with some stomach cramps, so I went to the restroom , and it quickly turned into a bad scene. HORRIBLE stomach cramping/hurting, diarrhea & dry heaves. I was finally able to lay down, kinda on my belly, and I think the pressure helped it to subside. Now that I am up (3 hrs later), the pains are gone, there's no nasuea, and I am trying to sip water.

I am into the soft stage part of my diet (tolerating eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, etc. just fine). Last night, the kids ordered pizza for dinner, and I ate some of the topping (I picked out most of the stuff, so what I ate was just cheese and maybe 1 piece of pepperoni)

Do you think that stupid move caused the fiasco this morning? My experience in the past, if something caused me to dump, it was immediate. What do you think?

poet_kelly
on 7/30/13 5:10 am - OH

Well, you would not dump on cheese and one piece of pepperoni.  Those things would not have nearly enough sugar to cause dumping.  Plus, what you describe doesn't sound like dumping, unless you also had sweating, rapid heartbeat, and other symptoms you didn't  mention.

The fat content may have been too high and upset your stomach, though.  Too much fat can cause diarrhea.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cbaker1163
on 7/30/13 5:35 am
Revision on 07/12/13

Yeah you are right, I didn't have any other "dumping" symptoms. I go to the dr on Thurs--just pray it doesn't happen again. I've not eaten anything today. I'm scared to.

CubanQueen
on 7/30/13 5:24 am - FL
RNY on 06/18/13

It is GAS! lol I was in the same exact pain, went to the ER they couldn't figure it out. Then I went to the Dr and got told it was gas, i started laughing but I was still in pain. I stopped at the store and bought gas relief pills and lone behold I had no pain in less than an hour!!! Good luck and hopefully it's just something simple....

PetHairMagnet
on 7/30/13 5:28 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Cheese and pepperoni would be my guess. Those were not on my soft food diet.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Cbaker1163
on 7/30/13 5:40 am
Revision on 07/12/13

Well, low fat cheese is on my list, however, I'm 100% positive the pizza last night was NOT low fat.  And do you think the tomatoe sauce could have affected me too? 

Sherrie P.
on 7/30/13 12:34 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

I have only had one really bad food incident... and it was PIZZA.  It was the only greasy terrible thing I had eaten and it taught me a valuable lesson.  DEATH BY PAPA JOHN'S.

It was terrible.  I am frankly glad it made me sick. I didn't need it any way. I was having a lazy "oh I will just eat what they are eating" moment. 

I hope it does not come back.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 329 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 15 replies · 124 views