A Question in reference to Andominal Pains 1 year 2+ months post op

ChorizaNicole
on 8/1/13 7:01 am - CA
RNY on 06/20/12
Hello Todos,  I have a general inquiry am certain that many responses will be "Go to the hospital, Contact your, physician, surgeon, or nutritionist"; However I was let go from work in early February of 2013 and lost medical benefits, and denied medical several times, in which I still have no current health insurance until next month with my new Job.    I had my surgery 06/20/13 and have done pretty well org starting at 297 when I decided to change my live for the better, and 276 on the day of surgery. I am currently at 162lbs. It has been a tough road, and I am sure will always have tough moments; however I have been having an issue for the last 2 days. I am unsure if this is constipation and or something worse.    I am wondering if anyone else has felt this way. I wake up fine drink water have morning breakfast "if I remember"
PetHairMagnet
on 8/1/13 8:05 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I do not understand your post for the most part. Perhaps if you reorganized your thoughts and wrote it again more clearly, it would be easier. I am not really sure what your actual question is. Felt what way?

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

ChorizaNicole
on 8/1/13 9:55 am - CA
RNY on 06/20/12

Excuse my error as I am just noticing my whole message did not post I have refined it a bit, lets see if this is better 

I am certain that many responses will be "Go to the hospital, Contact your, physician, surgeon, or nutritionist"; However I was let go from work in early February and lost medical benefits, and denied medical several times, as I have other existing existing matters which I needed to maintain as well to my surgery.   I had my surgery 06/20/13 and have done pretty well, of course having good and bad days as anyone.  on to my issue...             For the past few days I've had this odd feeling as if there is something heavy almost literally like a rock is sitting in the left part of my stomach.      The sensation goes from the  upper left to lower abdominal area, i begin to belch a bit yet also as my doctor calls it, my pouch begins to "talk" more than usual. If you are unsure of what that means, My doctor say's it basically sounds like your are belching from the bottom of your belly, but rather than sound like it is growling it sounds more like a BURP!       At this point I am unsure what is wrong so i drink more fluids, until I am able to pass gas which seems like my body has  forced out, and hurts a bit in my stomach area, the pain subsides at times after this but if it does not I take  Famotidne and Carafate to ease the pain.                  This strange pain became so intense in which it was hard for me to stand, sit and or walk I decided to take some liquid laxative and had a bowel movement which I felt needed to extend a weeks time as I do not have them, and previously have suffered from Obstipation

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/1/13 9:41 pm
Constipation may cause a lot of pain. Try to clear that out. Literally. In a mean time - try a very light diet - diet that do not produce a lot of gas. Glass trapped on top of constipated part - may cause cramping and lots of pain ( I had that before).
When I notice I deal with that try gentle laxatives with a lot of liquids and some fats to help the process. Magnesium citrate, miralax, stool softener, plus as lot of water.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Carol M.
on 8/3/13 5:35 pm - TX

The last time I went in for labs a year ago my doctor gave me some advice....any abdominal pain should not be ignored. I live 2.5 hours from my clinic and he told me to call them and have some one drive me there immediately if I ever experienced any such pain. Because of the "voided" space due to the loss of abdominal fat, we are at high risk of twisted intestines.  This event can  be dangerous if not treated immediately.  Not that all abdominal pain is caused by this. It could just be pockets of gas. But this is certainly a case where one wants "to err on the side of caution."

Carol , East Texas
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 344 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 191 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 339 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 268 views