Suggestions or Ideas please

Sherry T.
on 8/4/13 11:33 pm - GA
RNY on 05/22/12

I'm 14 months out....and I've hit a stall...this is ongoing for a month now...back and forth 2-3 pounds....I will say that this is where I've gotten in the past and the struggle over not losing caused me to feed that emotion...so I'm trying desperately to not do that....and realize this is a process and perhaps it's my body's way of catching up to the loss....an adjustment period if you will...I am trying to exercise more, make sure I do what I'm supposed to do, track, water and exercise...I see some change although minute changes in my clothes....so I'm just curious when or if this happened for you what did you do....and when perhaps you came out of it....and saw changes on the scale....I know everyone is different and I can only control myself but I really just need to hear from others and how they faced what I feel is a major struggle for me right now.  

Thanks!! 

Happy Monday everyone!

Sherry

ncmgs
on 8/5/13 12:43 am - Mechanic Falls, ME

Hi there! I think you hit the nail on the head, it's just your body adjusting to the the lower weight. The PA at my center said the same, metabolism has to adjust, your body needs to recalculate what it's getting and what it needs to produce for hormones etc. to make it run. It's amazing really, such a complex machine!  I guess regular exercise is best tool, your body will think it needs to "run hotter" all the time if you move around a lot, and will pull those extra calories out of fat storage.I also notice stalls during different times of my menstrual cycle, and it does not  seem to be water gain either. Probably our metabolisms fluctuate quite a bit over the month.

HW 285 SW 252 CW 166