The good and the bad !!!

browneyes65
on 8/13/13 5:15 pm - IN

I read different posts and some are so positive and some are not. It's kind of scary not knowing if you will be the one with all the problems or will have more problems after the surgery. I just wanted to know when you read the good and the bad did you get scared ?

Katie K.
on 8/13/13 7:10 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I didn't get scared. It has kept me calm when I experience the same things. I like to be prepared so I don't freak out when something bad happens.

Jenn C.
on 8/13/13 9:50 pm - Naugatuck, CT
RNY on 10/21/13
I do sometimes. My mom had an open rny in '04 so I have a very good idea of what I'm getting myself into lol but just try to be positive

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.

Karens62
on 8/13/13 9:51 pm, edited 8/13/13 9:51 pm - NC
RNY on 02/26/13

The posts just motivated me to be in the best shape possible prior to surgery. I started taking multivits a couple months prior, walked several times a week, stopped drinking diet soda , for enough sleep, etc. I knew complications were possible and likely out of my control, so I did everything I could to position myself for quick recovery if they did.

HW - 319, SW - 303.5 

Nutterbutter
on 8/13/13 10:38 pm - NJ
I was very nervous! Luckily, no complication (so far knock on wood) after 3 & 1/2 months!
Beyl689
on 8/14/13 1:04 pm - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13
I, for one, am the type of person that is always in denial that anything bad could happen to me. I thought I was having my surgery on Thursday and was going to be back to work on Wednesday. Well, my surgery went great, I was back to work the Wednesday after like I had planned but shortly after that I did have some small complications.

I ended back up in the hospital with a hematoma under and incision that hurt like the devil and I've had issues with heartburn for who knows what reason. ( this surgery is supposed to cure heartburn). I started regretting my decision to have surgery but now at 5 weeks out I'm feeling much better and back to normal except I'm so tired alot! I'm finally getting a schedule going with my meds, food... Starting to get all of my protein in. It's going good, finally!! Now that I look back and I just feel like I had extra time in the hospital to sleep, bc believe me you will need plenty of it!! Things can go wrong but its normally small things that can be fixed easily! These doctors have seen it all and nothing is surprising to them! You will probably feel like crap for a few days or even a few weeks but you WILL feel like yourself, just stay strong and rest when you can! Don't over do it! I hope I'm not scaring you bc there's nothing to be scared of!! You won't have anything given to you that you can't handle! Just look down the road a year from now, and just think of how worth it all of the craziness that you might have in the beginning will be! Goooood luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 270 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 282 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views