Save me a seat on the bench!!!!

brenda_m
on 8/18/13 4:38 am - Renick, WV

Saw my surgeon on Friday. He was so happy with my progress. He scheduled me for Oct 21st. The nurses were surprised that he did that knowing that he only schedules AFTER approval. I have 1 more check in with my PCP on the 9th of sept. Then all the paperwork gets submitted to Medicare. Im so thankful for this opportunity. And to all you nice people for posting things that help me prepare for my future. Im here everyday, reading all I can. Maybe not posting all the time but still learning all I can. Thank you so much!!

Tracy13
on 8/18/13 4:46 am - WV

I am saving you a seat right next to me!!! I am so happy for you! It will be here before you know it :)

HW- 405 (January 2011)

6/20/13 Surgery Day-374

Member Services
on 8/18/13 5:19 am - Irvine, CA

Congratulations!  Here a link to some threads discussing "Getting ready for surgery."  Hope this helps!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=gettin g+ready+for+surger&cx=000946886326336472648%3Ae-vpeg4uyxw&co f=FORID%3A9

Keep sharing your journey, we appreciate you!

bneill38
on 8/18/13 8:36 am
Youve been such a good friend on my fitness pal, so i have a space saved for you on the bench! Ill be here for support and help you with any thing you need...
Calla Lily
on 8/18/13 11:00 am
RNY on 01/23/12

Oct 21 will be here before we know it! Yay! So happy for you

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

PetHairMagnet
on 8/19/13 3:08 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I would have sworn I read here that if you fit all the criteria for Medicare, there is no 'approval' per se with them. You either meet it or you don't. SO that might be why he scheduled you.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

brenda_m
on 8/19/13 3:39 am - Renick, WV

Well I had to go thru the 6 month diet and exercise. I was told by my PCP thats what Medicare required. Ive read on here too that medicare doesnt require that. I have plenty of problems to be approved. I dont know. The nurses said he never does this prior to approval. Hopefully I can get an answer right away from medicare. Thanks to all of you for the support and best wishes.

martitalinda
on 8/19/13 3:55 am

WOOT!!!! how awesome is that! Rooting for you all the way!!!! I am soooooooooooooo happy for you Brenda.... October is right around the corner too ...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 282 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 217 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 303 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 129 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?