3 months since my surgery!

MandyinTX
on 8/25/13 8:13 am

I am 3 months and 8 days since I had my surgery and... I am doing wonderful! I am a total down of 80 pounds!! I can move now without pain, I am up and down, I am able to sit in different positions, I do not hurt. I have no regrets, except I wish I could have had my surgery sooner.  Right after surgery it was rough, I had a hard time even drinking, and mentally I went through a sadness. But, now I can eat a little of everything, and am super satisfied. A little of anything goes a long way. I always expected my surgery to be the way it is.. and I am so very happy of the result. It was all worth it!!! :)

Surgery date: May 17, 2013  Surgery: Gastric Bypass   Doctor:Joya Location: Puerta Vallarta Mexico

Seeing myself in a picture changed my life, I finally said no more. What ever I have to do to make my dreams come true I will do it!! And little did I know that's when my journey would begin! And so here I go!! :)

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/13 8:26 am, edited 8/25/13 11:48 am

What an inspiring post! Congrats and thanks!

kecldr3
on 8/25/13 8:59 am
RNY on 08/14/13

Congratulations!!  You should be so proud of yourself:)  I am only 11 days post op and it has been different, not having any appetite and being tired of the same old things, yogurt, cottage cheese, soup, protein drinks...can't wait to get to the next level of eating.  Pureed foods!

Best of luck to you in the future:)

Tonya

tdbull
on 8/25/13 8:59 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I am so happy you're doing so well and successful. Congrats.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

bluesfan
on 8/25/13 9:14 am - FL
RNY on 07/08/13

So glad to hear your doing so well and the surgery has lived up to your expectations.  I think everyone here  wishes he or she would have had their surgery sooner.  The fact is we had to hit bottom and realize what we were doing wasn't working anymore and surgery was the last resort.  I'm so glad that I had that moment of clarity and made the decision to surrender.  At  7 weeks out everything is fantastic and I'm so grateful, like you said, "It was all worth it !".  So true

Baseba11
on 8/25/13 10:23 am - KS

Congratulations.  I had mine 3 days later and we are on similar journey's.  Keep up the great lifestyle.

344  SW

Dorkgirl_41
on 8/25/13 11:00 am - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

Congratulations! It's so wonderful to feel better. I'm only 6 weeks out but already I'm feeling like I can move more. Keep up the great work!

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

PetHairMagnet
on 8/25/13 11:05 am
RNY on 05/13/13

YAY FOR YOU!

I had my surgery the week you did and I agree--I feel WONDERFULLY and do wish I'd had surgery sooner! 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

(deactivated member)
on 8/25/13 12:40 pm

Reading your story is so inspiring thank you for sharing with us and keep us posted.

MandyinTX
on 8/25/13 12:40 pm
Hello friends, thanks for responding!
Thank you all ! I also hope to reach those who havent had surgery yet and are not sure if they should... just know you will do fine, its worth it, every penny!
Also I had surgery in Mexico with a wonderful doctor. . He and his staff were professionals and treated me and my family so good!
I wanted surgery 10 years ago, just the funds werent there. No insurance most of the time, then when i did have insurance i was denied! But, finally my time came, and everything went wowonderfully. I am super blessed!!! )

Surgery date: May 17, 2013  Surgery: Gastric Bypass   Doctor:Joya Location: Puerta Vallarta Mexico

Seeing myself in a picture changed my life, I finally said no more. What ever I have to do to make my dreams come true I will do it!! And little did I know that's when my journey would begin! And so here I go!! :)

Most Active
Recent Topics