1/2 grilled cheese sandwich, a handful of fries, and about 1/4 piece of really rich cake for...

Jacob H.
on 8/30/13 1:29 pm - CA

That sounds like dumping, but it would explain what feels like an early morning dump when I haven't eaten anything. I had hypoglycemia when I was younger, but thought puberty fixed it. Never thought about checking my blood sugar when I was in a dump, but having hypoglycemia again would explain the occasions when I hadn't eaten anything

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/30/13 11:32 pm - OH

I had mild hypoglycemia before my RNY (mild enough that most of the time it wasn't even an issue) but it is much worse since my RNY.  It didn't surface until I was more than a year out, even though I had not significantly changed my eating habits.  If I don't have something small to eat (I usually just drink half a glass of milk) before I go to bed, I wake up feeling shaky.  As long as I have the milk or a piece of cheese or something little with both carbs and protein (something with only protein or somethign with only carbs won't help), I wake up feeling fine.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Mo Diggity
on 8/30/13 1:54 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

What does reactive Hypoglycemia feel like ?

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

poet_kelly
on 8/30/13 1:54 pm - OH

lightheadedness, shakiness, weakness and feeling like I need to eat RIGHT NOW.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mo Diggity
on 8/30/13 1:55 pm - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

NEVERMIND !! I see you already posted the symptoms :)

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/30/13 11:45 pm - OH

I had another birthday dinner last night (let's just say that it started with spinach cheese dip & chips and say it ended with some awesome carrot cake with amazing icing and leave it at that  !) and I had too much cake.  Not full dumping, and we were at my mom's playing cards when we had the cake, so it wasn't that big a deal, but I had enough sugar in the cake that I got the flushing and queasiness.  It was SO worth it, though.  This morning I feel like I ate a Henry VII sized meal, though...  

Glad you we able to halt it easily though.

Mmmmm... Grilled cheese.... 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 8/31/13 12:02 am - OH

I love carrot cake.  I love spinach dip...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 8/31/13 1:42 am - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

Now you girls have me hungry for grilled cheese...and cake...and spinach dip lol....

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 246 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 312 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 88 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 5 replies · 88 views