Xanax?

Jacob H.
on 9/4/13 12:26 pm - CA

Last night for the second night in a row I woke up from a dream(not much I can remember from either one but what I can remember was bad). The first night I woke up shivering(best way to describe the violent shaking from my body) but I didn't feel cold. Last night I woke up and thought there were ants crawling all over me. Dr prescribed me 2 pills of Xanax a night and said they're anxiety attacks, but in the day time I feel fine, amped and ready to go. Has anyone used this before? What can I expect?

True victory comes at the very end, when you can say, " I lived, and will gladly do it again." View "failure" as a setback, and meet each accomplishment with a larger goal.

chulbert
on 9/4/13 12:32 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

If you're anything like me, they will pretty much just knock you out.  You may also experience short-term memory loss. 

saterry
on 9/4/13 1:20 pm - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

Be cautious and aware that Xanax can be addictive. After long term use DO NOT stop suddenly. There is a physical withdraw to this medication.

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Katie K.
on 9/4/13 7:37 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
Not sure why your doctor prescribed two pills. I take Niravam as needed. It's the same thing as Xanax but it dissolves in your mouth. My anxiety attacks can come out of nowhere so with this one I don't have to worry about finding something to drink. I will need to break them in half in the future. I've taken it once since surgery and it knocked me in my ass. Thank God we have a sick room at work and I was able to sleep it off.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/5/13 2:00 am
Xanax is pretty strong.... I decided to use daily Lexapro... Small dose once a day works for my daily stress and how I handle it and helps with crazy dreams.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/5/13 2:04 am
BTW you may also try to check your Blood Sugar. Low blood sugar may mimic anxiety attack. Specially at night. I try to eat LNS (nuts or nut butter works best for me ) to keep my BS stable at night.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/5/13 2:08 am - OH

I have not actually heard of those kinds of reactions to Xanax, but the Psychopharmacology text I used for my PhD course includes itching or tingling as possible rare side effects.  Usually side effects from Xanax are along the other end of the spectrum... excessive drowsiness, lightheadedness, clumsiness, etc..

Usually, it is only one pill a night, but perhaps your pills are a lower dose?  I would call your physician and ask about your dosage (perhaps trying one pill would work better).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 218 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 129 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?