Any fellow Canadians out there?

NadiaM
on 9/10/13 12:00 pm, edited 9/10/13 12:00 pm
Just wanted to see if there were any fellow Canadians on here? And of so who you had your surgery with?<br />
<br />
I have my surgery scheduled on October 1st with doctor Christou and was wondering if anybody else out there has had surgery with him?
LilyBugsMommy
on 9/10/13 12:45 pm - Kingston, Canada
RNY on 03/12/13

I don't know your doctor but I am from Ontario and had my surgery in Ottawa. 

If you go to forums in the blue area up top and select "go local-more", you can pick a provincial forum if you want.

i really enjoy the Ontario forum :)

Referral to Ottawa: Jan/11 Info Session: May/11 Nurse: Feb/12 Dietician/Behavourist/Abdominal Scan: Apr/12 Pre-op Education Class: Feb. 6/13 Meet Surgeon  Feb.15/13 Surgery with Dr. Raiche March 12/13!!

The race isn't given to the swift nor the strong, but it's given to the ones who endure it to the end...

mani_heart
on 9/10/13 1:50 pm
RNY on 03/18/13

Alberta here

Robert H.
on 9/10/13 1:52 pm - St. Albert, AB, Canada
VSG on 11/26/13

I am scheduled to have my surgery with Dr. Christou on November 26.13.  I have not decided whether to do the sleeve or the 

RNY bypass.  Since I am in Alberta, just outside Edmonton all my dealings with him or his staff have been over the telephone.

Everyone I have talked with in the industry holds him in the highest regard as a bariatric surgeon.  

NadiaM
on 9/10/13 9:08 pm
I heard/read the same about dr. Christou - luckily for me though, I live in Montreal so I saw him for my initial consult as well as for some additional questions afterwards.

Dr. Christou has recommended the RNY for me and most of his patients. The sleeve is a good choice too but the long term effects/results are still not confirmed since according to dr. Christou, the sleeve is the new kid on the block and hasn't been around for 20+ years yet in order to have an accurate result sample. Not bashing the sleeve at all though, I was really torn between the two.

If you need and info at all about dr. Christou and/or Montreal just let me know

Best of luck in your surgery!
gentlyonward
on 9/10/13 2:05 pm - St. John's, Canada
RNY on 08/17/13 with

Canadian in Newfoundland here. The surgery is covered by MCP, but I was told there is a 5+ year waiting list. Couldn't chance where my health would be by then, so I had mine done in Mexico.

Jaceybaby
on 9/10/13 8:07 pm
Hello there! I had my surgery with Dr Christou on August 27th. Things went great! He is very nice in person and my husband and I had full confidence in him. The private hospital was fine-basic. You have a roomie and the beds are not too comfortable. I think I was expecting more since it was a private hospital but no " spa" feeling. Lol! One of the nurses Marie who works 3-11 is wonderful!