Been a little over 2 years since my last post.

BigSilly
on 9/10/13 2:42 am - California, MD

My doctor ended up closing his practice unexpectedly, which interfered with my 6 month supervised weight loss requirement. One thing let to another and before you know it, life just got in the way.

Fast forward a year and a half later, I have picked up the ball and I am headed straight for the end zone. I revisited this whole campaign again early this year, with a new primary care physician and a new bariatric surgeon.

I have completed the 6 month supervised weight loss and I have also completed all of the pre requisites. After 6 months of due diligence I have hit my first roadblock, my cardiologist will not clear me until I have a surgery date and my bariatric surgeon will not give me a date until I have cardiac clearance.....*groan* I would really like to hurl an expletive or two here, but I refrain. The admin assistant for the bariatric surgeon wants me to see their cardiologist, which will make getting my clearance much easier. As far as I can tell this in fact the last step in securing a date for surgery. The appointment with the cardio is on Sept 26. Im hoping this will kick things into high gear.

I can't wait.. being this close is agonizing

Jewelsstevens
on 9/10/13 3:05 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

Welcome back! Good luck with the cardiologist!

happygrandma
on 9/10/13 7:45 am - Highland, MI
RNY on 12/17/12

It's so hard to wait but you are finally on your way.  Good luck to you.

nfarris79
on 9/10/13 8:00 pm - Germantown, MD

Sounds like you're dealing with frustrations with a very level head! When all is said & done, this stress will show just how much you fought to recover your health.... I know firsthand the stresses with practice changes - my surgeon closed her private practice 1 month into my journey and I followed her to Baltimore - where she's now no longer doing bariatrics at all 

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

BigSilly
on 9/11/13 5:55 am - California, MD

Thank you all for the responses and encouragement! It is great to be back, hopefully I can follow this trip through to the end.

Most Active
Recent Topics