My insurance company is paying for protein drinks & liquid vitamins! Gotta read!

Lori Risner
on 9/12/13 12:24 pm - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
The protein drinks are called Optisource Protein drinks. Carbs are only 6 grams, 3 grams of fat, and 12 grams of protein. 0 sugar too. There were 26 boxes in each case and I was sent three cases. As far as vitamins go, they sent two huge bottles of liquid vitamins. Let me know if u guys want me to post the details on them cuz I'd be happy to. Blessings!

Blessings on your day!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/12/13 12:41 pm - OH

Yeah, I think it is important for people to know what is in the vitamins because they might not be appropriate/sufficient for us (and I find it odd that there isn't anything on their website about them).  There are lost of "special bariatric" vitamins that don;t come close to meeting the ASMBS recommendations for RNYers and DSers.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

hollykim
on 9/22/13 12:54 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
The third ingredient is maltodextrin. That is sugar. Tat is where your 6 carbs are coming from. If you drink several of these a day,which you will have to do to get anywhere near our protein goals,it is going to be a lot of sugar intake.

It may not other you but ou will know for sure when ou start using them.
GL

Lori Risner
on 9/12/13 12:33 pm - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
If u click on Insure nutrition and then go to post bariatric nutrition u will see on the left the info about the drinks and vitamins and the application for insurance approval.

Blessings on your day!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/12/13 12:44 pm - OH

I still don't see anything about vitamins... just protein drinks.  I even got on my laptop in case the site just isn't iPad friendly.

Could you maybe post the link to the page that has the vitamin info?

Lora

poet_kelly
on 9/12/13 12:55 pm - OH

I couldn't find the info on the vitamins, either.

12 grams of protein is pretty low for a protein shake.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/12/13 1:04 pm - OH

The one my friend gave me was in a little juice-box type container, so it was more like half a shake. It was kind of cloying IMO, though, so I was glad it was small!

Lora

Lady Lithia
on 9/13/13 12:37 pm

especially for the number of carbs. 

My protein shake has 1.5 g of carbs, 1.5 of fat, and 23.5 of protein. 

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

saterry
on 9/13/13 1:40 am - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

They offer a 30g protein, 1g Carb shake by Premier Protein too. Worth trying at least once. If insurance pays then bonus !

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

karen1964
on 9/13/13 3:31 am
On September 12, 2013 at 11:36 AM Pacific Time, Lori Risner wrote:

Just wanted to let you all know!!!  I completed an application with Insure Nutrition to see if my insurance company would pay for my protein drinks and vitamins and was APPROVED!  I have Federal BCBS.  I was so excited and had to share!  They mailed three cases of protein drinks and two huge bottles of liquid vitamins to my house!  On the home page of Obesity Help, look for Insure Nutrition and complete the app.  I did and it worked! 

I couldnt find it?

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 172 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 251 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 303 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 262 views