My insurance company is paying for protein drinks & liquid vitamins! Gotta read!

Lori Risner
on 9/12/13 4:36 am - OR
RNY on 03/12/13

Just wanted to let you all know!!!  I completed an application with Insure Nutrition to see if my insurance company would pay for my protein drinks and vitamins and was APPROVED!  I have Federal BCBS.  I was so excited and had to share!  They mailed three cases of protein drinks and two huge bottles of liquid vitamins to my house!  On the home page of Obesity Help, look for Insure Nutrition and complete the app.  I did and it worked! 

Blessings on your day!

marissasmith1987
on 9/12/13 4:57 am - troy, NY
RNY on 01/13/14

thanks ill try pre op and post op

- Marissa RYN 1-13-14. If the past was perfect then there would be no need for tomorrow

Spots- N-Dots
on 9/12/13 5:11 am

Thank you for the information.....very helpful.

gooddaysunshine
on 9/12/13 5:17 am
RNY on 04/30/13

That's awesome!  I just applied!  I hope it works for me too, thanks so much for sharing!

JaneJetson60
on 9/12/13 9:01 am, edited 9/12/13 9:14 am
RNY on 05/07/12

That is great!  But, and I am not here to burst anyone's bubble, but many of us cannot drink the protein shakes we tried before surgery.  After surgery your taste buds end up doing a complete 360 and I spent hundreds of dollars on protein powders and drinks before I could find one I could tolerate and I mean tolerate. You will find I am not the only one. I bought a few sample packets prior from different companies and I was so sure I could drink all the drinks I tried pre-op and guess what?  Couldn't find anyone to take them and had to throw in the trash.  What a waste of money, huh?  So just a little heads up and I hope and pray you can drink them after surgery!  Take care and best of luck on your surgery.  Keep us posted   Jane kiss

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/12/13 10:07 am - OH

I tried one of the Optisource protein drinks (strawberry) that a friend had and didn't like and I thought it was disgusting.  As I remember, it was also kind of high in carbs. 

I, too, spent a lot of money on protein powder and drinks that I couldn't stand post-op OR that I bought post-op after I had a sample that I liked but after a couple of weeks suddenly couldn't stand!

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Lori Risner
on 9/12/13 12:28 pm - OR
RNY on 03/12/13
That's a bummer! I have already had surgery and I tolerate them fine.

Blessings on your day!

gentlyonward
on 9/12/13 3:41 pm - St. John's, Canada
RNY on 08/17/13 with

I haven't found that my taste buds haven't changed at all since surgery! But it sounds like I'm in the minority, guess I just lucked out! XD

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/12/13 10:12 am - OH

I went to their website but did not see anything on vitamins.  Did they provide you with any info on the liquid vitamins they will be providing?  Make sure that you follow the ASMBS guidelines and get 200% of the USRDA daily.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

hollykim
on 9/12/13 10:15 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Is it ensure brand protein drinks? If so,they are way high in carbs and sugar. It mayn't matter to you but if you stop losing or start gaining ,look to them first. GL

Most Active