I'm having key lime pie for lunch!

poet_kelly
on 9/18/13 2:46 am - OH

Well, almost.  It's plain Greek yogurt with sugar free lime Jello mix stirred in, topped with two crumbled up graham cracker squares and some fat free Coolwhip.  Yum.  Eating dessert for lunch is always fun.  And it's actually good for me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

sdn2013
on 9/18/13 2:52 am - TX
RNY on 09/04/13 with

That sounds really good!  I am still on the full liquids post op diet - never thought I would so look forward to "real" food!  Hoping to move to pureed stage tomorrow at my follow up and yogurt!

Mo Diggity
on 9/18/13 3:01 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

ooooooo that sounds yummy

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

JaneJetson60
on 9/18/13 3:32 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Kelly, how much of the Jello do you put in?  Do you do it to taste?  I really enjoy putting in graham crackers but haven't tried it will cool-whip either.   Jane 

poet_kelly
on 9/18/13 4:29 am - OH

I used a whole package of Jello in 24 oz of yogurt.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

JaneJetson60
on 9/18/13 5:21 am
RNY on 05/07/12

Thanks.  I prefer to buy the big containers of plain yogurt myself.

poet_kelly
on 9/18/13 5:48 am - OH

I usually make my own yogurt, but if I am buying plain yogurt, I get the big containers.  Saves money, plus if I am mixing up something like this, I'd rather mix up a big batch and have it in the fridge ready to go than have to mix up some every time I want something to eat.  In order for me to make healthy food choices, I have to have healthy stuff ready to grab out of the fridge.

PetHairMagnet
on 9/18/13 3:50 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Everything but the cool whip sounds yummy!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Whitney0608
on 9/18/13 4:22 am - AK
Yummy!!
Justcallmesuz
on 9/18/13 4:39 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I do the same except I just use the key lime Greek yogurt and add the graham crackers, or sometimes vanilla wafers!

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

Most Active
Recent Topics