Ups and Downs of Maintenance

billmacc7
on 9/22/13 11:25 am - MA

Being at almost 3 years Post Op and in Maintenance can be like a roller coaster. Prime example today. I weighed in and was up 2 pounds from last week, and aggravated because I know it was from a week of not being mindful in my eating. Still, later in the day ran my 10th 5k Race after training doing the Couch to 5K Program(I have also done a couple of 10k's and even a 1/2 Marathon) and finished in 24:30 for a Personal Best!!!

Ahhh, Post Op WLS never dull......

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

PetHairMagnet
on 9/22/13 11:50 am
RNY on 05/13/13

I am in week 3 of the C25K program and your post has encouraged me! I run my first race on Thanksgiving morning this year. Really looking forward to it!

My doctor is a fan of not considering anything less than 5 lbs a 'gain'. He says that normal water retention, salt intake and cyclical changes can result in 5 lbs a month. He looks at gain once it is 5.1 or more. And unless you ate 7,000 extra calories in that time, you did not actually gain 2 lbs, either. 

AWESOME FREAKING TIME on the race!! Woot!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

billmacc7
on 9/23/13 12:56 pm - MA

THanks for the reply! I especially like part about the Dr. view on "gain"

Keep up with the c25k, it does get harder, but YOU CAN DO IT!!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

LadyLilMax
on 9/22/13 12:02 pm - Retirement Ville, AZ

Congrats on weight loss, maintaining and on the great time!

RNY 12/11/12  HW:230   SW:220   GW:140   CW:130  5ft 1

billmacc7
on 9/23/13 12:57 pm - MA

Thanks..

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Katie K.
on 9/22/13 7:25 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
Your time is great! My personal best is 54:55. Pulled my groin during it, too :P Had to walk the Color Run yesterday and will probably walk the 5-miler in the middle of October.

billmacc7
on 9/23/13 12:59 pm - MA

Thanks Katie!  Congrats on your races as well...Run or Walk, Just Don't Quit

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

MyLady Heidi
on 9/22/13 9:21 pm

I only weigh when I know I am down, I guess as a female it is very easy for me to tell based on my clothes, so I never get upset or disappointed.  I weigh the least I have since wls nearly 9 yrs ago, at least a few weeks ago when I weighed in at 127lbs I did.

Congrats on your marathon.

Most Active
Recent Topics