WEIGHT GAIN....

hop2bthin
on 9/24/13 12:25 pm - Florence, AL

I had my rny in 2010 I have gained about 30 lbs. please give me some reminders on what we had to remember about food etc. I would appreciate any advice or anything that will help me to get this weight off . Right now I have torn ligaments in my knee, I had been running 3 miles a day until this happened while running. So I'm a little limited on the exercise right now . I hurt my knee about 2 weeks ago,  I started running to help lose the weight  it was working but not now. I think I will have to stick to fast walking when I can walk. Thanks

hop2bthin

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/24/13 12:36 pm - OH

I'm a little confused.  Other than eating a protein forward diet, with limited carbs and no drinking with, or right after, meals, there really isn't anything "we had to remember about food, etc.".  It's not like this is a diet where only certain foods are permitted or you have to strictly limit yourself to a certain number of grams of fat, carbs, etc.

Go back to watching your portion sizes, limit the processed carbs, and don't drink with meals.  You can track your food for a while if you need to figure out what the problem is (is it too many carbs in general, too much fat, too many carbs?).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Member Services
on 9/24/13 1:10 pm - Irvine, CA

Regain is something many members experience.  Act quickly and go back to basics.  You can do this!

Here is some information we hope you find helpful:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/bariatric-regain/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/you-gained-some-weight-f our-simple-steps-to-get-back-on-track/

http://www.obesityhelp.com/articles/eating-with-awareness/

Best wishes.

sarah_durso
on 9/24/13 4:57 pm

Good advise !

jamienichols22
on 9/24/13 8:11 pm - MI

I have a torn meniscus and I have found tha****er exercise is the best! Keeps the weight off of it and is very good for burning calories. I would suggest that you check with your local YMCA they are great and have an upcoming water class in Oct :) and go back to portion size. I use my fitness pal app and runtastic to help show me where I am having an overage at 

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

hop2bthin
on 9/25/13 12:57 am - Florence, AL

Thanks, hadn't thought of water exercise 

hop2bthin

chrispy_man
on 9/25/13 3:08 am - Mystic, CT
RNY on 09/21/10 with
I find walking very useful. Usually low impact

HW 440, SW 386, CW 229.8

hop2bthin
on 9/25/13 5:02 am - Florence, AL

Thanks for all your input, as soon as I go back to the Dr. & get the ok to start walking again I think I'll leave the running alone for a while.  

hop2bthin

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 247 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views