Severe hypoglycemia and exercise

ohlordyp
on 10/6/13 4:51 am - AZ
I am about two years out and battled with very low blood sugar (as low as 17). I thought I had it under control, I have started exercising this last month and it is becoming a struggle. I was actually at the gym with my trainer and just totally zoned and she was waving her hand in front of my face to get my attention. Also, would severe leg cramps be associated with this? That was very scary.

I drink a protien drink before I workout. Should I be doing something different before a workout?

I was wondering if anyone has had this problem after their surgery. If so how do regulate it? I need help I want to continue exercising because I enjoy it, but I am getting scarred with the zoning.
_Donna_
on 10/6/13 5:12 am

I REALLY think you should be consulting your doctor about this. It sounds pretty serious.

Where is AZ do you live?

RNY 5-5-2011

ohlordyp
on 10/6/13 7:12 am - AZ
I go back to the surgeon on Friday. I live south of Prescott.
Sherrie P.
on 10/6/13 10:30 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I agree...consult your doctor.

I was told simple carbs 30 minutes before a strenuous workout; a banana is an excellent choice - then protein after.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Kim S.
on 10/6/13 12:25 pm - Helena, AL
I have had issues with heavy workouts on an empty stomach-I eat a few crackers with hard cheese about 30 mins before I workout. Discuss with the doc-yours sounds pretty severe.

Neaucora
on 10/7/13 11:20 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

DO NOT EAT A BANANNA!!!

I have reactive hypoglycemia, and my Dr told me to stay far away from bananas. They are one of the worst for it.

I live in Northern Az and I see Dr Sharma at Az Endrocrinologists in Scottsdale. She was able to help diagnose the hypoglycemia, and get me the help I needed for it.

Also, I suffered from severe leg cramps, for about five months that then moved into my arms. And I mean, like not just a little calf cramp, a cramp from the heel to the butt, and there was no way to stand or walk them out. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I have had the pains and the cramps for awhile, but attributed it to being so much more active. Now that I am on meds for it, it is so awesome to not have to go through that everyday. Whew.

Most Active
Recent Topics