Peanut butter

garnetgal
on 10/11/13 3:32 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12

I just looked on my surgeon's do's and don'ts list and it clearly lists chocolate milk as a no-no! It sounds like it could be a combination of the sugars in all of the ingredients that you used. At 11 days out I used Chocolate Unjury with 2 tablespoons of PB2 powder for a chocolaty peanut buttery flavor. To that you can also add a couple of squirts of DaVinci S/F caramel for a Snickers type of a flavor. You can use many different things for flavorings. If your chocolate protein powder isn't chocolaty enough for you try adding either some DaVinci S/F chocolate or some S/F Jello Chocolate pudding. I know I wasn't allowed to add fruit or melon to my protein drinks until I was on the soft stage. So that was 3 weeks out for me.

NadiaM
on 10/11/13 3:35 pm
Great! Thanks for the info! I wish I was given a list of do's and don't - all I got a was sample menu. However, I am allowed to have puréed fruits - that I know for sure!

Thanks again for the suggestions!
JenniPenny
on 10/12/13 2:08 am - MN

Check the sugar content in the peanut butter and also the Oil/fat content. We can't usually handle that early out - try an organic peanut butter that has no oil or sugar - Jiff or Skippy has one that's oil free and no sugar. And peanut butter is a great go to food later on (a teaspoon of it) when we need a bit of protein.

Jen 12 yrs post op RNY

Katie K.
on 10/12/13 2:38 am - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
That's a lot of stuff to be drinking all at once. Not sure why you would use chocolate milk. I was very sensitive to fat the first month. You might want to try skim milk. I have also become lactose intolerant (except for yogurt and cheese). Now I use fat-free lactose-free milk.

dessalves
on 10/12/13 4:27 am

For me they said absolutely no chocolate until 6 months out...But that was just my nuts plan...

averybyrd
on 10/12/13 7:03 am

Natural peanut butter isn't as bad as the regular ones, but it has a lot of fat. I want to try the PB2 stuff. They had it at the grocery store a while back, but I guess it wasn't selling. I may need to order some!

Wishing_Well
on 10/12/13 7:08 am - Urbana, OH
RNY on 04/08/13
I too tried this the other day, but without the berries. It instantly made my pouch nauseous and I felt sick the rest of the night. I know it wasn't the pb, it was the protein shake itself. I've had pb on a cracker a few times prior to the shake, and I tolerated it just fine.

chrispy_man
on 10/12/13 2:22 pm - Mystic, CT
RNY on 09/21/10 with

Definitely talk with your team to see what they recommend having or not having. Personal note, I received tons of advice along the way that PB was good thing (I do not agree mostly). I do believe even my nutritionist said so in combination with other things. Not until much later in my post op phase though. The big issue I have observed with myself and others is a teaspoon or tablespoon is not very much and difficult to measure by just spooning it out. I consider this to be a danger food for me that I can abuse very easily. While losing I try to avoid it.

HW 440, SW 386, CW 229.8

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 480 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 403 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 341 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 160 views