Thrush

JustCK
on 10/6/13 11:44 am

Just noticed that I have the hairy film over my tongue. I'm assuming it's because of all the take home meds...anyone else have this issue? I plan on calling the doc in the morning....

Katie K.
on 10/6/13 6:57 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
RainbowRN had thrush.

RainbowRN
on 10/7/13 10:28 am - OH
RNY on 03/12/13
I had thrush for 5 weeks after surgery and it was awful!!!!! I got it from the antibiotic that they gave me after surgery. I took nystatin that was prescribed to me from my doctors. Normally it goes away in a couple weeks but mine was super stubborn. Make sure u call ur doc and get some meds. Just a warning...the thrush made everything taste nasty! That was normal. I barely got in any protein or water for the first month. I really had to force myself. Good luck to you! If u do have thru**** will eventually go away.

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

proudmami135
on 10/8/13 5:16 am - OH
RNY on 09/16/13

I had thrush a few weeks before my surgery. I was sick and the combination of medication I was put on did not agree with my mouth. It was horrible. Thankfully, it cleared up quick. A few things I found that helped was eating lots of yogurt (make sure it has active cultures), and also using a baking soda rinse in my mouth several times a day. 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 282 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 217 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 303 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 129 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?