9 month progress

Lori F.
on 10/14/13 10:32 pm - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

A little late, but as of my 9 month mark I am down about 110 lbs since surgery and just over 140 from my highest weight.  Lately I have been in a stall, just over a month and a half actually and it is driving me crazy.  I am trying my best to stay off the scale, not compare myself to others (hardest part) and look at all the positives, which is partly why I made the pic below.  The before is my drivers license picture taken at my highest weight and the progress was taken yesterday.  Seeing that progress makes this stall just a little bit more bearable.  And at least I am still losing even if the scale isn't moving because I have gone down a size during this stall and I can see the difference in photos.

I just ramped up my exercise and backed off the strength training at the gym for the meantime and I am going to try to stay off the scale for two weeks while I keep up with the extra exercise.  Yesterday I got 90 minutes on the stationary bike at the gym at rode just under 20.5 miles - felt great.  I couldn't even do 5 minutes when I started!

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

blopez579
on 10/14/13 10:48 pm
RNY on 09/11/13

Well congratulations!  That is inspiring!  I can't even imagine spending 90 minutes at the gym.  Way to go!

RainbowRN
on 10/14/13 10:49 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13
U really look fantastic!!! Great job!!

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

karenp8
on 10/14/13 10:55 pm - Brighton, IL

You look great! Keep at your program and that nasty stall will breaK.

Cac435
on 10/14/13 11:35 pm

you look great!

Ocalasam
on 10/14/13 11:56 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

You look fantastic!  I had a stall at 9 months also - super frustrating! 

Spots- N-Dots
on 10/15/13 1:29 am

Congratulations - to a job Well Done !

Debb

Caroline K.
on 10/15/13 5:41 am

Congratulations!

JodiGirl98
on 10/15/13 5:50 am

Oh you look great!  Thank you so much for the pictures - that tells the story WAY better than words and numbers can!  I just hit 7 months and I'm also in a stall - been almost a month now and I have been playing with the same 1-2 pounds on the scale (the numbers) but I can tell things are shrinking still because my clothes are continuing to fit differently.  I have read about this alot on this site - it happens way too often I think for any of us, and is usually very frustrating.  But everyone seems to go through it - I try to think on that it's my body getting used to the huge difference (7 months down 85, want to get to about 140ish lost).  When I get to feeling frustrated and think "what the heck"...I do roll out the pictures of me - then and now and think, now THAT is what I'm talking about.  I started day of surgery at 321, been weighing in at 236-8 for the last 3-4 weeks - and I'm getting annoyed, BUT - again, just have to keep on doing the right stuff and this too shall pass.

You know too that muscles weigh in heavier than the fat that it replaces - just saying - those 90 minutes at the gym loses the fat, but may add some weight on the scale...

I see stories like this and the pictures and it just makes my resolve all the more strong to KEEP ON KEEPING ON - drink the water, get the protein in, get that extra day of exercising under my belt and KEEP ON DOING IT.

You can too!!!!  Best of luck and you are goind GREAT!  

Lori F.
on 10/15/13 11:47 am - St. Clair Shores, MI
RNY on 12/27/12

Thank you!  Yes, we have to keep on!  And the pictures help so much.  We are fluctuating nearly the same - I have been between 231 and 234  lol

Follow me @ www.bariatrickitchen.com  My Progress, Recipes and Things I learn along the way
HW: 375   ​SW: 342  GW:  140  HT: 5'7"  

Most Active
Recent Topics