Decaf coffee

NadiaM
on 10/14/13 6:53 am
Just wanted to know if decaf coffee counts as part of our water intake?
jazzycatz
on 10/14/13 6:59 am, edited 10/14/13 7:00 am - Joppa, MD

You are going to get a lot of no's to this one because coffee is a diuretic.  But recent studies disagree. This comes from WebMD

"Coffee and tea also count in your tally. Many used to believe that they were dehydrating, but that myth has been debunked. The diuretic effect does not offset hydration." 

I count my coffee. But that's me.

edited to add the WebMD link: http://www.webmd.com/parenting/features/healthy-beverages

poet_kelly
on 10/14/13 7:07 am - OH

I think the people that say  no are usually talking about caffeinated coffee, not decaf.  But I agree with you, I count all liquids.  There is lots of research now that says caffeine does not cause dehydration.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jazzycatz
on 10/14/13 7:19 am - Joppa, MD

Wow...by the time I read the post and clicked to respond I had totally forgotten the OP was asking about decaf. 

Menopause brain.

poet_kelly
on 10/14/13 7:07 am - OH

I count all liquids.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

NadiaM
on 10/14/13 7:31 am
Awesome! Thanks for the info