Vitamix or ????

Brimiller808
on 11/6/13 8:20 am - Austin, TX
RNY on 10/29/13
Hi.... I'm thinking of taking a giant leap and investing in a Vitamix. What do y'all use? Anyone have thoughts on the Vitamix? I want something that does more than produces smoothies and is easy to use/clean.

Thanks!

RNY on 10/21/13

We love our Ninja kitchen system. It comes with two different sized pitchers and it is pretty easy to clean (we put all the parts in the dishwasher). It does a great job crushing and making "snow" out of ice; my pet peeves with blenders has been their poor ice-handling ability. 

I contemplated getting a Vitamix, but the Ninja had really good reviews and cost a lot less. My parents love their Vitamix, so I suppose if you don't mind the cost, you'll probably like it, too.  

selhard
on 11/6/13 9:37 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I am satisfied with the performance of the Nutribullet for my almost daily protein smoothies.  It has power but yet compact in size.

cajungirl
on 11/6/13 9:44 am

I also have the Ninja two pitcher blender and love it. Cost much less than the Vitamix, I really couldn't justify that cost. My neighbor has the Vitmix and she said she would never own something else. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Louise1974
on 11/6/13 9:50 am

My husband found a vitamix at a yard sale for $25!  We used it exclusively for quite a while and I loved it, easy to clean, super powerful, but a piece broke off and while we were waiting to get it fixed (something the welder in town can do) i went back to my old standard blender and found that I actually liked the consistency of my shakes better, I find the vitamix just pulverizes ice and turns everything into liquid while the blender actually makes things more like a smoothie or milk shake.  So...  i am ambivalent.  I think it you want to make really creamy soups or lots of veggie smoothies with spinach, celery and tough veggies the vitamix is really critical, but if you want it more for smoothies and such, that ninja sounds like a good bet.

jamienichols22
on 11/6/13 2:30 pm - MI

I just seen a commercial that was comparing the Vitamix and the Ninja Ultimate and said they have the same features but the Ninja was 1/3 the price. They both have 2.5 horse power motors and 24,000 rpms the only thing different was the ninja has two levels of blades where the Vitamix didn't. 

Jamie Nichols

HW:321    CW:263   GW:125 

I am a tiger who is earning her stripes!! 

PetHairMagnet
on 11/6/13 10:36 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

My mother in law has one and yes, it is nice. But for about 150 less I have the Breville Ikon Hemisphere blender and even my MIL admits that for drinks with ice in them, mine is the better blender. I NEVER have to use a spatula to get down to the bottom and break things up or scrape ingredients off the sides of the blender wall because the hemisphere blade takes care of all that. It is fantastic! There are a few models, I think they all have the Hemisphere feature, but check before buying it. Williams Sonoma is where I got mine, but I think Crate and Barrel may also carry them.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Ocalasam
on 11/6/13 11:28 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

I have the Vitamix and the Blendtec blenders.  Hands down, the Blendtec is WAY better than the Vitamix.  Both are very expensive, but for your money, you would definitely be happier with the Blendtec.  You can buy both on QVC and make payments.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 68 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 294 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 300 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views