Yogurt question

cjd3161
on 11/6/13 10:04 am - TX
My Nut recommended that we get sugar free yogurt but I can't find it, only light or low fat, is the sugar grams in the light yogurt too much that it will cause dumping?

Cj

Ehbeagle
on 11/6/13 10:06 am - Virginia beach, VA
I am using Carbmaster. It only has 3 grams of sugar and actually taste good. It is sold at Kroger.
Louise1974
on 11/6/13 10:09 am

All dairy yogurt contain sugar because it is made of milk which has natural sugars.  Your NUT probably meant light or no sugar added yogurt.  I don't like the light yogurts so i get regular plain yogurt and add a wee bit of fruit, like strawberries, or some maple extract and splenda.  That is really yummy.  Some people do dump on yogurt but not too many.  Read the labels and only buy stuff that does not have sugar added.  you will probably be okay. 

poet_kelly
on 11/6/13 10:13 am - OH

There is no such thing as sugar free yogurt because yogurt is made from milk and all milk contains sugar, natural sugar in the form of lactose.

Some light yogurt has high fructose corn syrup in it or is otherwise high in sugar.  I'd look for yogurt with no more than ten grams of sugar per serving.  Don't just look for the word "light" on the label. Read the label to see how much sugar is in it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

selhard
on 11/6/13 10:16 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Dannon Light and Fit might meet your Nut's approval?  I use a lot of plain Greek yogurt when making protein smoothies...the lowest sugar content I have ever found was 6 grams per serving yet had a whopping 25 grams of protein.  Sidenote:  just tried the newly-offered Greek cottage cheese--no likey :(

gtrdyfor50
on 11/6/13 10:19 am
RNY on 10/08/13
Ditto on the Dannon Light n Fit, especially the Greek.

smummy2mo
on 11/6/13 10:28 am, edited 11/6/13 6:23 pm
I have tried the CARBMASTER from Kroger and its pretty good. The camel spice cake taste like carrot cake to me. I also like the cinnamon roll too. They have quite a few flavors.
kinny09
on 11/6/13 11:38 am, edited 11/6/13 11:38 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

They probably mean no sugar added yogurt, in which case you can use any brand of plain low/non-fat yogurt, then add in a little bit of your own fruit or a packet of a no-sugar sweetener (splenda, equal, etc). I use Fage 0% Greek Yogurt plain, add in like a few slices of a banana and 1 packet of splenda, it's very good.

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

cjd3161
on 11/6/13 12:29 pm - TX
Thanks I understand now wish I could find the Carbmaster but we only have United Supermarkets where I live, very limited on things that I can find, you all are always so great to help out I appreciate it.

Cj

Heather2103
on 11/7/13 2:52 am - TN
RNY on 09/09/13

I love the Yoplait light Greek yogurt, 80 cals 6 sugars 12 protein. Tastes great!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 233 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 94 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?