List of NSAIDS

poet_kelly
on 11/11/13 3:19 am - OH

Periodically we get posts from people asking if particular meds are NSAIDS or not and occasionally we see a post where someone has been prescribed an NSAID or given an NSAID in the ER even though they'd told their doctor they can't take them.  So I just thought I'd post a link to a list of NSAIDS.  Note that this is only a partial list but it includes many of the more common ones that are prescribed.

List of NSAIDS

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

baepage
on 11/11/13 6:25 am - MA
RNY on 04/22/13

Thank you for taking the time to do this.  I have printed it out.

Barbara

babs_02
on 11/11/13 9:15 am - NY

Thanks Kelly. There are so many out there and it's good to have this list. I think I'll keep it in my purse in case of an emergency. I fightlower back pain and they are always trying to give me an nsaid.

Reel
on 11/11/13 9:54 am

I understand your "disclaimer" ....you are not a medical doctor etc...etc... But what's YOUR verdict on Celebrex? Because If I "can" take it, I would like to start, or at least discuss it with my PCP. Unfortunately, since I changed insurances, I NO LONGER have access to a bariatric surgeon, and the dietician will not address any medicines. MY PCP is freggin CLUELESS!

poet_kelly
on 11/11/13 9:56 am - OH

I don't know enough about it to have an informed opinion, really.  I do know that my bariatric surgeon said she did not feel it was safe.  But I know many do think it is safe.  I haven't researched it enough to know what the research says.  If you figure it out, let me know, would you?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Reel
on 11/11/13 11:33 am

Will do! Thanks!

Bibi723
on 11/11/13 10:20 am - IL
RNY on 11/20/13

Thank u 

Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BibiWLSDiary/

Monica9811
on 11/17/13 8:40 pm - Peterborough, Canada

I have been battling a cold and took some Cold FX.  Didnt' find anything on the label to indicate it was a NSAID and don't see it on your list either thankfully.

Most Active
Recent Topics